FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 8.5 Weight Goal: Under 7 Lbs 2 Oz...Done...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HyperGRP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scdrj wrote:
HyperGRP that is really nice work! I don't know about others, but I really appreciate the model end of RC as well as racing end. That means I probably more drawn to someones creation than to the latest and greatest from a box. Not to say the latest and greatest is not cool, because it is.

When I get more time to look over your stuff, I'll probably post more. I have been covered up with work. Its pretty bad when you can not even work on your own

Either way, very nice job!!!

Thank you!

I was considering purchasing a Hyper 9 for this season, but I had the time, so I figured it would be more fun to upgrade what I already have!
I too, like tooling on stuff and experimenting with what might...and might not...work!

Hopefully I will be able to find the right setup to make it driveable without too much hassle.

Right now it weighs in at 7lbs 6.6oz with engine, electronics, AKA City Blocks tires, and MBX6 Body. No fuel! Thats about a full pound lighter than a race-ready stock 8.5! I still haven't upgraded the suspension pins yet!

Hopefully you get some time to work on your stuff! I'm trying to get as much done as I can before the season starts! I would like a little free time inbetween races this year! LOL!
Jonathan B.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyperGRP wrote:
The same high speed cutter that's pictured with the milled out front brace!
I think it's on page 5!

would like a sanding wheel cutter/grinder work as well?? Cause I don't have that type of cutting wheel you used.
scdrj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyperGRP wrote:
Right now it weighs in at 7lbs 6.6oz with engine, electronics, AKA City Blocks tires, and MBX6 Body.

That's cool

Do you happen to know how much either the front or rear CVDs weigh? Do you find them weak? I noticed that you said you broke the front one.
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of new front and rear center uni's coming and I will post a weight when they get here.

They are not weak, I just dropped the front assembly, tires and all, and snapped the end off the pin hole!
scdrj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyperGRP wrote:
I have a set of new front and rear center uni's coming and I will post a weight when they get here.

They are not weak, I just dropped the front assembly, tires and all, and snapped the end off the pin hole!

Don't need to know now. I just ordered a pair Friday 2nd day air. I guess I "really" wanted to know how much they weighed
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry scdrj,

I just got back from vacation. I didn't have the opportunity to reply before I left.
scdrj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Did you do any good on vacation?

BTW, did you ever get your pins from JDCarbon?
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacation is more like a personal joke! I actually helped my mother and sister move from CT to AL. Not much fun at all!!! I got to drive the U-Haul with a car on a trailer in tow... the whole way!
scdrj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer!

And the pins?
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, JDCarbon never sent me my pins! After 3 weeks he just refunded my money. "Inventory issues...blah...blah...blah!" Every time you e-mail him you get a "Gone Fishing' auto response which is very annoying!
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh well!

Last edited by HyperGRP on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
scdrj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone weighed the stock rear chassis brace and center diff brace for a 8.5?
RobB

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey HyperGRP...

Check out the Kyosho body. Kortz ran it on his when he was still running his 8.5...The 777 body...

Either way, buggy looks good...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Rob B.

P.S. I can't believe this thread is almost a year old...Really awesome of you guys...
RobB

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyperGRP wrote:
Vacation is more like a personal joke! I actually helped my mother and sister move from CT to AL. Not much fun at all!!! I got to drive the U-Haul with a car on a trailer in tow... the whole way!

Sounds like the fun I had last year moving my ex' and kids from S. Carolina to Florida...Used a week of my vacation time, and vacation doesn't seem to be the correct word for the trip...Lost 8 lbs. (sweating in the 100 degree temps with the humidity at 95% or more) in 2 days. I didn't have any help with any of the heavy stuff, it was up to me to get it done...My kids saw me work my rear off, but didn't have much time for visiting with them...

This year I'm moving them again, only from one side of town to the other, so no where near as bad, and I'm going to be here for 2 weeks, so we get a lot of time to spend with each other...I'm enjoying it very much...

We do what we have to do, so we can get back to racing...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Rob B.
scdrj

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobB wrote:
Hey HyperGRP...

Check out the Kyosho body. Kortz ran it on his when he was still running his 8.5...The 777 body...

Either way, buggy looks good...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Rob B.

P.S. I can't believe this thread is almost a year old...Really awesome of you guys...

Rob,

Did he use the SP2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: