FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
couple of questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

datacide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: couple of questions Reply with quote

Greetings!

I recently purchased a mutilator pro. Engine is broken in (over half a gallon through it). This is my first nitro, loving it, the smell, speed and all. Just have a few questions:

1. The LSN: this is the screw right below the HSN right? Just want to make sure as I've seen diagrams of other engines saying this is where the idle screw is located.

Many times after running it pretty good idle will go up (high pitch buzz), car tries to move forward a bit, temps go up....Gas tank is ok, lines are good, don't seem to be any leaks, anything else?

3. And finally, the fuel tube that goes from tank to carb is long and wraps around cooling head, should I shorten it? Could this cause fuel to boil and then in turn cause the high idle mentioned above? Is it ok to shorten this fuel line?

Cheers!
Jonathan B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: couple of questions Reply with quote

datacide wrote:
1. The LSN: this is the screw right below the HSN right? Just want to make sure as I've seen diagrams of other engines saying this is where the idle screw is located.

NO. the MSN or MRN (Mid Speed Needle or Mid Range Needle it's the same thing) is the needle right below the HSN. & you don't really wanna mess with the MSN. Don't adjust the MSN. On the other side from where the MSN is the LSN.

Hope this helps
datacide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah...ok...well I dont have a MSN on this engine (force32). So I think I might have been adjusting the idle screw instead of the LSN....

hehe, gonna take a look at the idle gap to see where its at.

thanks and
cheers.
Jonathan B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah & when the carb closed all the way, the idle gap should be approx. 1mm
Jonathan B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: couple of questions Reply with quote

datacide wrote:
2. Many times after running it pretty good idle will go up (high pitch buzz), car tries to move forward a bit, temps go up....Gas tank is ok, lines are good, don't seem to be any leaks, anything else?

What are your temps? Sound like to me that the HSN might be a bit too lean try richening the top (HSN) & see what that does
datacide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, when the buzzsaw (as I call it) idle shows up, temps are usually high (280-300). Strange since I've hardly leaned the HSN (and when i did, it was in hour increments). I might try to go back to factory settings and re-tune. Just not easy to tune right now, getting cold here.

thanks for the tips!
datacide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

My pull-starter died on me, bought a new one and replaced it. Since I had the engine off the chassis, I decided to clean it. There was a lot of crap sitting in the cooling head crevices. Took the head off and gently removed the dirt and gunk. Put everything back together using lock tite when needed. Started her up and got working on the idle screw (which i had totally messed up prior thinking it was the LSN). Got the idle nice and low.

Ran it a bit and noticed that theres a bit of oil/fuel residue collecting around the base of the cooling head. I'm wondering if I have a bad seal or something. Also, I'm having problems restarting the car after its been run for a bit. The first start is normally fine, but if it ever stalls out or runs out of fuel or worse fouls another plug, getting it restarted is a pain and sometimes not possible. The engine turns when I pull (and its not hard to pull) but no ignition is present.

Another thing I noticed was that my glow ignitor (the one that comes with the kit, using D battery) does not make the plug glow white hot. I tried a friend's rechargable one and it was white hot. Mine gets it red-orange, even with a fresh battery.

So there it is, I think I'll be heading to my LHS to see if they can check it with me but I was wondering if you guys had anymore tips.

cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: