FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 8 pics...post em if you got em
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Camss57

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Blue Angles Fighter Jet..I like it.
kingpissant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do yourself a favor and put a second spring around the engine to connect the pipe. and get rid of the loop around the gas tank lid. we found aout a loop connection there has a tendency to get caught on the body and not close the tank all the way.
sonic27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpissant wrote:
do yourself a favor and put a second spring around the engine to connect the pipe. and get rid of the loop around the gas tank lid. we found aout a loop connection there has a tendency to get caught on the body and not close the tank all the way.

kingP, I too have just one spring around the engine to connect the pipe. The pipe I am running only has the holes for 1 spring.

Rippin it up!!
mattcarnut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE PICS! Menifee!!! ...very very cool!!!!! get that sucker out there and get it a lil dirty
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
quinby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menifeeracer, The first chance you get, buy the OS 2050 pipe for that V-spec. At first when I was told that it would make a huge difference, I was like Ya right. Then I bought it. I'm here to tell ya, it will make it scream even more!!
mattcarnut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he does have a pertinent point there....as the stock pipes dont always necessairily have the correct "balance" per say...however this new hyper 8 pipel looks like it could posssibly be far improved over stock pipes of the past...but imo I would take someones advise on that part...just my .02 is all there....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OTR366

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic- In the case were you only have one hole per side on the maifold I suggest opening those hole slightly, just enough to fit two spring hooks.

Then hook up two exhaust springs.

Manifee- Very nice rig!
sonic27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTR366 wrote:
Sonic- In the case were you only have one hole per side on the maifold I suggest opening those hole slightly, just enough to fit two spring hooks.

Then hook up two exhaust springs.

Manifee- Very nice rig!

Yeah OTR I will definately do that. Do you completely seal a new engine with sensor safe rtv silicone before installing it? I sometimes do it just was curious if it's a good habit. For example, around the carb and pinch bolt and back plate.
OTR366

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic-

I always add a small bead of rtv to the O-ring on the carb and after I tighten the pinch nut I add a dap on the outside over the pinch nut ends to ensure no air leaks between the nut and case.

Tip- just before the rtv over the pinch nut ends dry, insert your hex wrench into the hex head screw to clean out the hex slot.

It is a good idea to put a very small bead of rtv on both sides of the banjo fitting as well. It doesn't take much.

-OTR
DiviousOne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Menifee, how is that motor, i was considering it but kinda weary of it. Let me know how u like it.

Roland
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeyG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God!!! I am jealous....I am trying to figure out how I can buy one of these with out the little lady knowing...The other part of me wants to wait a little while until the bugs get worked out.
kingpissant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyG wrote:
God!!! I am jealous....I am trying to figure out how I can buy one of these with out the little lady knowing...The other part of me wants to wait a little while until the bugs get worked out.

well its 80% put together all ready so all you have to do is get it and when she see's it just say its one of your old cars that you cleaned up and are working on
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quinby wrote:
Menifeeracer, The first chance you get, buy the OS 2050 pipe for that V-spec. At first when I was told that it would make a huge difference, I was like Ya right. Then I bought it. I'm here to tell ya, it will make it scream even more!!

The 2060 is even better, or at least that what I keep hearing from all the OS users...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
MikeyG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpissant wrote:
MikeyG wrote:

well its 80% put together all ready so all you have to do is get it and when she see's it just say its one of your old cars that you cleaned up and are working on

Good suggestion...She wouldn't know the difference either!
mattcarnut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lookin menifee!!!!...now its up to u to get out and get it a lil dirty there he he..but till then for now looks really good man....cool beans...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51
Jump to: