FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
How to install the Two Speed Gear transmission to the Titan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

thecaller

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: How to install the Two Speed Gear transmission to the Titan? Reply with quote

Hi folks.

Newbie here!

My RC Car:
Titan Monster Truck
1/8 Scale Off-Road
Single Engine

My question is regarding the Titan which I recently acquired. It seems that the Titan forum has not been in use for around 3 years judging by the dates of users comments, therefore I am posting in this up to date forum. Please forgive me if I should have posted in the Titan forum.

On the Two Speed Gear transmission, the 49T Spur Gear teeth had somehow worn out, so I purchased a new 49T Spur Gear. I managed to assemble the Two Speed Gear transmission to the truck. The engine started perfectly, but when I applied the throttle, the truck moved a short distance and then stopped moving, however the gears were still spinning when I applied the throttle, but the truck would not move. I noticed that the 49T Spur Gear teeth had started to wear out again. After doing some research, it seems I did not tighten the 49T Spur Gear close enough to the Slipper Clutch properly (not sure how to do this)? Is this the correct conclusion or am I doing something else wrong?

I was also told by someone that I need to put some plain paper in between the Spur Gear and the Helical Gear on the Slipper Clutch acting as a mesh which would help the gears to combine??

I really don't know where to go from here. Could someone please give me advice on how to correctly assemble the Two Speed Gear transmission to the truck, possibly with some images please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

TheCaller
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome..
Ol' Titan was never a popular MT, hardly had a cult following.
Quite the lumbering beast frankly, very much reminiscent of the T-Maxx 1.5 it was loosely modeled after...
Again Ofna missed another oppurtunity to DOMINATE the MT market during the t-maxx's infancy that quickly took the RC world by storm in 1999.

Titan Monster Truck Instruction Manual, includes assembly instructions and part numbers..

Bottom of this forum, the Ofna Logo, is a direct link to ofna(dot)com web site. Ofna now sells to the public, or so Ive heard. Cant afford fuel myself but hey check it out..

Welcome, enjoy, booty always.. Good Luck..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: