FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 9T theory,rumor,truth thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Casketman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Hyper 9T theory,rumor,truth thread Reply with quote

I figured it would be a good idea to start one up after seeing questions and comments posted in other threads.

So if there are any comments,thoughts,facts...Might as well try to post it all here.

I believe most everyone on here knows a truck has to be coming sometime in the future. The questions that remain are:
When?
Whats the name?
and WHEN!?

Personally,I like the sound of 'Hyper 9T' but then again it does smack of Mugen and the MBX6T. Hyper 9 ST could work to stay in line with the Hyper ST and to be different from the others.

Another thought I had was this...Has anyone thought about going old school and building their own 9T? Maybe use the BCE chassis with a 20 or 25deg mount. Of course the arms,gearing,and drive line would need to be changed. But unless Ofna/HoBao have some crazy new ideas lined up for the truck. I dont see it being all that much different then what Ofna might come out with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
smith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont no about the engine mount but I would love to see a longer chassis and a much lighter drive tain that would be great. Some better shocks would be great like the 16mm or even the 17mm shocks would be great new shock towers would also be a big plus. And bring everything in a lot closer to the center line. But at this point I would take about anything.
Casketman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the 14's would be back unless Ofna wants to go with the 17mm shocks. More spring options would be nice with that setup.

With the way the 9 buggy is. The 9T could be one narrow truck and low too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody heard anything about a new truggy coming any time soon.
OhioHyperST

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as parts for the original Hyper ST are available, I'm good
Casketman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly Im still being told that there are no plans for a 9T.

With the blow up of the short course class. Most companies are putting their focus into that class and Ofna/HoBao is apart of that group.

Nothing wrong with that but it does kinda bone(suck) for guys like myself who would like to run both classes and were looking forward to a new truggy.

Im not knocking the ST. But it isnt a spring chicken anymore lol. And I am sure others might agree that a 9T would result in a better design and a overall better truck.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Casketman, that kinda seals my decision on a new Truggy. Gonna take a hard look at the Jammin X2. Nitrohouse has a heck of a sale on them now so ... story to be continued.
Casketman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still cant go wrong with a Jammin. Tried,tested and true truck.

All this talk is getting my itch to race the truck to get stronger. I put it up because its not cheap to run 2 cars but now things are starting to settle down so 2 cars could be an option.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hyper ST is still a contender, at least it was last night at our Christmas Race. Although, Truggy turn out was low ... there were only 3 including me. I finished 1st in the main with my Hyper ST
Casketman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,sadly the turnout is half what buggy is at my track which is down plus its turned into a hack fest most of the time.
H9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our last club day before xmas we decided to run 5 x 10 minute races, with all races counting - the winners determined by their combined laps. 23 truggys competed, and I'm pleased to say that the mighty ST placed 2nd (me) and 3rd overall.

As the meeting doubled as a public display at a christmas parade (to keep the punters and kiddies amused while they waited for the parade) we also put on a 'stunt jump' display. There were some nasty breakages, but the ST was the only one to perform a double back flip, and survive! This truggy is still capable of kicking some butt at a club level!

The new 'ST' will eventuate, give it time...
jj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently returned to the hobao/ofna camp with the hyper 9, and I have to say, it's a sweet little buggy to drive, I was driving AE buggy and truggy for a while and since moving back "home" I'm itching like mad for a new truggy that'll follow in the buggy's footsteps and move away from the norm. So how about it guys, anything fruitful happening in the near future?
rkhess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jj wrote:
I've recently returned to the hobao/ofna camp with the hyper 9, and I have to say, it's a sweet little buggy to drive, I was driving AE buggy and truggy for a while and since moving back "home" I'm itching like mad for a new truggy that'll follow in the buggy's footsteps and move away from the norm. So how about it guys, anything fruitful happening in the near future?

man i wish
2Stroke AL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H9 wrote:
Our last club day before xmas we decided to run 5 x 10 minute races, with all races counting - the winners determined by their combined laps. 23 truggys competed, and I'm pleased to say that the mighty ST placed 2nd (me) and 3rd overall.

As the meeting doubled as a public display at a christmas parade (to keep the punters and kiddies amused while they waited for the parade) we also put on a 'stunt jump' display. There were some nasty breakages, but the ST was the only one to perform a double back flip, and survive! This truggy is still capable of kicking some butt at a club level!

The new 'ST' will eventuate, give it time...

3 years on and still a no show!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: