FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
What Glow Plug for .25?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

rc-demon

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: What Glow Plug for .25? Reply with quote

Hi,

Just picked up a used buggy with a Force .25, which glow plug should be used with this?

Ofna has changed part numbers and I believe the recomended one at the time was #51007 which is now discontinued.

thanks

Last edited by rc-demon on Mon May 13, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
David S.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51007 has been discontinued. Use 51011. this is a medium plug. Depending on nitro percentage, oil content in fuel, ambient temp, humidity, etc. If the engine loads up at idle and does not clean out properly when tuned try a hot plug.
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David S. wrote:
51007 has been discontinued. Use 51011. this is a medium plug. Depending on nitro percentage, oil content in fuel, ambient temp, humidity, etc. If the engine loads up at idle and does not clean out properly when tuned try a hot plug.

Ditto!

I run an O'Donnell #99 medium plug and VP Powermaster %20 with %14 oil fuel in my force .28 right now and it runs great with that. But, i also have 3 Ofna B4 hot plugs and 1 McCoy #8 medium plug if it ever decides to get temperamental in different conditions.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replys guys.

I noticed i made a mistake in my post and wrote .28 but its actually a .25! so i corrected it, any difference?

My local hobby store carries OS glow plugs and recommended a LC3, is that correct plug? The engine has not run in a while so if i remember he suggested running it first time with the LC3 and then switch to an other, but i cant remember which, maybe LC4?

http://www.osengines.com/glowplugs/
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try the LC4 (medium) plug first with %20 fuel. If it loads up at idle, dies when you try to clear the pipe out and has sluggish throttle response when at operating temperature, put the LC3 (hot) plug in and see how it does.

Also when you start tuning your engine, tune your HSN first for top end speed and max operating temp (about 260 degrees max), then tune the LSN so that it's not covering the side of the car with unburned oil and has quick response off the line, then you can tune the idle off the LSN tune. But don't tune the LSN too lean cause it'll starve the engine of oil and burn it up, even with HSN tuned correctly.

Here, i tuned my engine using the tips from this video and it runs great!

http://youtu.be/IwzcTPUx8Tk
rc-demon

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickLX1 wrote:
I would try the LC4 (medium) plug first with %20 fuel. If it loads up at idle, dies when you try to clear the pipe out and has sluggish throttle response when at operating temperature, put the LC3 (hot) plug in and see how it does.

Also when you start tuning your engine, tune your HSN first for top end speed and max operating temp (about 260 degrees max), then tune the LSN so that it's not covering the side of the car with unburned oil and has quick response off the line, then you can tune the idle off the LSN tune. But don't tune the LSN too lean cause it'll starve the engine of oil and burn it up, even with HSN tuned correctly.

Here, i tuned my engine using the tips from this video and it runs great!

http://youtu.be/IwzcTPUx8Tk

Hi @TrickLX1,

thanks for the tips! Ok i will pick up a LC4 with some 20% and try that.

Yes i have my temp gauge and i have been watching many tuning videos and i have a good idea of what todo. I did watch the video you recommended! very good. Yes i will tune the HSN first and make sure it is rich to start and then lean it if needed.

I will also do the pinch test for the LSN.

An other video i watched was Ali from Redcat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M4j_-HGRlQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: