FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ofna LX 2 Tuning and heat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

miichael18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Ofna LX 2 Tuning and heat Reply with quote

Hey guys i got the ofna lx 2 broken in by manual and now that iv ran over half gallon of fuel rich at factory settings i was wanting to lean it out. I screwed the HSN screw out 3 1/2 turns like manual said and run it checking engine temps but i cant turn it in more than 1/2 turn to 3 full turns out before my temps are around 240-250? 3 turns out is smoking like a freight train but running it fast then check head temp immediately and i check head temp with infrared thermometer its around 240-250? its smoking so much i want to lean it more but my temps are already around max running temp of 250 at wide open throttle? gas is 20% nitro 12% oil
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The temperature seems fine. As long as you have a trail of smoke on acceleration for the first 15 feet you should be ok. Also temperature is relation to ambient temp and humidity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: