FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
ULTRA Capable!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try and test the project buggy this weekend. I believe i have everything sorted out on it. I did however pull the wasp .26 off and im going to try one of the hyper .21 3-port motors. As the owner of Alabama Nitro Services ive done some work to it. Not as much as you might think though. The first one i did was for a customer with amazing results. What gets me is you see all these mod motors with all this fancy cutting and grinding and all that crap. The key to a good running motor is moderation and, know how. and in all honesty very few modders do it right. Go team OFNA/HOBAO
poppalx1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a very interisting read. I am going to follow this to see how you caome as I have an LX 1 that needs this treatment to beat my buddies Losi 8T that he has. Great job and please keep up the great work
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, The buggy actually started out as a MBX that already had the 330mm wide suspension. I did test the buggy over last weekend and had some motor issues but ,i can tell you that the buggy handled very well. It definately did not feel like the same BOAT it was before lol. Im happy so far and plan to do more testing in the future. You starting out with the LX-One is a good start. You may want to leave your stock suspension on it.
I never switched to the 16mm shocks and, the stock shocks from an LX one (which are Jammin 13mm shocks) worked pretty well. The jumps and ,bumps were pretty smooth. Considering i saw some of the higher end buggies getting out of shape where mine was smooth put a smile on my face lol. If your going to cut down the battery box top ,Do yourself a favor and ,get a switch with a charging pig tail on it. Its a real pain to stuff everything back in it. Good luck and, thanks again. For carbon fiber parts check out Extreme Racing. They have some nice stuff to replace the aluminum stuff with. Get the PCR rear brace for it too. If you plan to convert to the 330mm wide suspension your gonna need a lot of parts Just keep the stock suspension and ,follow everything else the best you can . I promise it will make a big difference. Kinda tuff to hang with a truggy on a rough track. Any way good luck 2 you keep us posted how its coming along. Start yourself a project thread. Show us your progress Thanks again.
6sharky9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6sharky9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I managed to pick up some 17mm OFNA LX2 series shocks to replace the smaller13mm jammin shocks..Also still working on a motor for it and need to get the carbon fiber shock towers and better rear chassis brace..A few of my wonderfully polished parts have rusted a bit from sitting so long but that easily fixed..ill post up pics with the new shocks on it when i get around to working on the buggy.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There!

Nice build on the Ultra LX !

I just picked one up to start with, I wanted todo a few upgrades to make it lighter so thanks for all your recommendations here.

I dont see any pictures in this post? Did you ever post any?

thanks!
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rc-demon wrote:
Hi There!

Nice build on the Ultra LX !

I just picked one up to start with, I wanted todo a few upgrades to make it lighter so thanks for all your recommendations here.

I dont see any pictures in this post? Did you ever post any?

thanks!

His pics are in this thread: http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11911
rc-demon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 6sharky9 aka Thunderbolt427,

Would be great to see a video of this car on a track or something, got anything you can upload to Youtube?

So from what i gather from this build is that the main objective to making this buggy better was to shave as much weight as possible off and lower center of gravity.

And of course change the Force engine for a better race .21 like a Hyper or other.
6sharky9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys..Lots has happened lately and I haven't done much of anything on the buggy..I did get some 17mm big bore shocks for it but that's about it.

Sorry I don't videos of it running as last time I messed with it I was having a motor problem which ended up being a bad piston/sleeve.

I do still have the buggy but have since gotten into rock rc crawlers and trail trucks.

Not sure when ill get back on the buggy..I will post up a few pics though
to show how its sitting right now soon...I haven't raced for quite some time now.

If anyone has any questions please just ask.
6sharky9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rc-demon,

That would be correct...It was being built as a challenge initially
and I went as far as I could go with it to serve the purpose of going
up against the high dollar buggies on a budget..I would've liked to be
able to take off more weight but just about at the limit of that with it.

Weight was definitely not a concern for ofna as a basher.

The center of gravity is as low as I could possible make it.

Initial track tests went pretty well suspension wise but with motor issues I never really dialed everything in like I wanted to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: