FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
dm-1 clutchbell gears and spur gear upgrade question

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Message
cr4sh_27



Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: dm-1 clutchbell gears and spur gear upgrade question Reply with quote

well, to tell you a lil bout my problem. i had a brand new axial 32 when i put my dm-1 together and just decided to throw it in there. So, my problem is that i cant put the power to the ground. i know that the engine has way to much torque for an on-road....so i want to up the tooth count on my clutchbell gears and drop the tooth count on my spur gears.

does any one know what manufacturer makes them for the dm-1 and possibly part numbers.

thanks in advance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
cr4sh_27



Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow......

thats pretty bad when you cant even get help from a site that is dedicated to your r/c brand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Paradoxmaker



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3573
Location: Keller, Texas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cr4sh_27 wrote:
wow......

thats pretty bad when you cant even get help from a site that is dedicated to your r/c brand.


Sorry, even though this is the Ofna site, there just are not many on-road guys here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
vad



Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: dm-1 clutchbell gears and spur gear upgrade question Reply with quote

cr4sh_27 wrote:
well, to tell you a lil bout my problem. i had a brand new axial 32 when i put my dm-1 together and just decided to throw it in there. So, my problem is that i cant put the power to the ground. i know that the engine has way to much torque for an on-road....so i want to up the tooth count on my clutchbell gears and drop the tooth count on my spur gears.

does any one know what manufacturer makes them for the dm-1 and possibly part numbers.

thanks in advance


Crash,
contact Nitrohouse for the pinion gears and spur gears for the DM-1. Gears from the ultra gtp fit the dm1 clutch bell and 2 speed unit. Also, if you get a chance consider you next motor to be a RB C6BBT w/2045 pipe. This might be a set up you will like. I know I do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
cr4sh_27



Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: dm-1 clutchbell gears and spur gear upgrade question Reply with quote

vad wrote:
cr4sh_27 wrote:
well, to tell you a lil bout my problem. i had a brand new axial 32 when i put my dm-1 together and just decided to throw it in there. So, my problem is that i cant put the power to the ground. i know that the engine has way to much torque for an on-road....so i want to up the tooth count on my clutchbell gears and drop the tooth count on my spur gears.

does any one know what manufacturer makes them for the dm-1 and possibly part numbers.

thanks in advance


Crash,
contact Nitrohouse for the pinion gears and spur gears for the DM-1. Gears from the ultra gtp fit the dm1 clutch bell and 2 speed unit. Also, if you get a chance consider you next motor to be a RB C6BBT w/2045 pipe. This might be a set up you will like. I know I do.


thanks but, imo rb engines are garbage.
i had 2 of them and was never satisfied with their performance...they both leaked severly from the front bearing and the wouldnt hold a tune for anything.
i like the OS v-spec 21....but im not interested in engines right now....
im just tryin to make my gears taller so i can get some more mph and get rid of the first gear wheel spin.
all im interested in is clutch bell gears and spur gears
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
yogii



Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Location: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Great answer vad Reply with quote

I kinda new to ON-ROAD. But I'll tell you if you get your RB good and dial in. Good power. I have know mrx-4x with use RB C5. great power steady for racing with. I had a GT-2 Kyosho, traded up for OFNA DM-1. Have had it for a month looking at changing clutch to centax. You're also correct about NITRO HOUSE great support on vehicles. I have notice myself purchasing more from them then A MAIN HOBBIES. Also GREAT source. I was able to get through to OFNA support. But they at least tried to answer my question as honest as possible. Just have to remember, that the answer you get may not be the one you want to hear.

Last edited by yogii on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
David S.



Joined: 04 Apr 2008
Posts: 422

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: dm-1 clutchbell gears and spur gear upgrade question Reply with quote

cr4sh_27 wrote:
well, to tell you a lil bout my problem. i had a brand new axial 32 when i put my dm-1 together and just decided to throw it in there. So, my problem is that i cant put the power to the ground. i know that the engine has way to much torque for an on-road....so i want to up the tooth count on my clutchbell gears and drop the tooth count on my spur gears.

does any one know what manufacturer makes them for the dm-1 and possibly part numbers.

thanks in advance


gear part numbers.
35238.......gear screw on 1st 14t
35239.......gear screw on 1st 15t
35240.......gear screw on 1st 16t
35241.......gear screw on 1st 17t

35252.......gear screw on 2nd 17t
35253.......gear screw on 2nd 18t
35254.......gear screw on 2nd 19t
35255.......gear screw on 2nd 20t
35256.......gear screw on 2nd 21t

35244.......spur gear 44t
35245.......spur gear 45t
35246.......spur gear 46t
35247.......spur gear 47t
35248.......spur gear 48t
35249.......spur gear 49t These are all OFNA part numbers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
twisted_metal



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least someone replied to your post I haven't even gotten one reply yet and I posted weeks ago .....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
TDH



Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Location: australia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how do you determine which spur gear to clutch bell gear combo is compatible? i assume you have ones which will create too much play and strip gears eventualy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
David S.



Joined: 04 Apr 2008
Posts: 422

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the spur or pinion it is recomended to maintain a 4 tooth split.

Example: 17 and 21 pinion (4 tooth split)
48 and 44 spur (4 tooth split)


Last edited by David S. on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
TDH



Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Location: australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, nice. thats simple enough!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
ofna nitro talk back