FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
picco 28 problems and questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

nwagtmustang

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: picco 28 problems and questions Reply with quote

So I ha've 5 tanks of fuel burned through the engine . I bought hyper 8.5 and put in the picco. Had a lot of trouble getting to start on first tank. Got it to work. Ran 2 tanks and put it away for the Day. Next day ran another 2 tanks at various speeds with a little trouble keeping it running. Next day after the engine ran a tank I would bring it in to refugees and it would die. Got it working and then broth it in to 'refuel again and it died it would start and run for a second sometimes 2 seconds with the glow stick on it. Then the string for pull start broke. When I Tokyo the pull start off I noticed the screws were very easy to turn waiting on new pills start. Will use lock time and see what happens. Do you think it wasdrying due to air leaks? It has been Rich and I always see blue smoke comming out. What do you guys think? Pneumatic last tanker ran I did several wot runs not lasting more than a couple of seconds. Mostly half throttle. It was 95 outside. Using 20% nitro with 16% oil car fuel
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not recomend to loctite the screws. Just torque them down and they should be fine. Hard to say what is going on but 16% oil is a bit high. Most big block engines run and tune better with 12% oil or less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: