FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.21 8 Port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HyperManiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: .21 8 Port Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm the proud owner for a Hyper 7 TQ Sport, it has taken a beating i will let you know that..
I have upgraded to Savox servos for both steering and throttle.
And recently purchased a roto start with my mate who also has a Hyper 7.
My buggy had enjoyed the roto start, starting first go every time even when cold. As for his, it expanded the sleave, therefore requiring a rebuild or a new motor. he decided to replace his motor with a TT .21bx-r which after run in is a good little motor.
On the weekend (only a week after his motor problem) my motor packed up with the EXACT same problem.
I have decided to also purchase a new motor BUT stick to a hyper 7 motor, and i have got .21 8 port.

So basically after all of this, i am asking for the difference between a 3port which was in it, to a 8 port.
I have a ROUGH idea, and its to do with the holes in the sleave, therefore having 4 intakes and 4 outlets.
Is this close to what it is..??

But the moral of the story is im gonna stick to pull starts

Cheers
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are close. But the big difference between the twos is the 3 port engine have more torque than the 8 port in the other side the 8 port have more top end. You might want to replace the bell with lower teeths to give you more torque and make the clutch engage a little later in the RPM's. Great engines the 8 port if you combine with the right pipe, will also help to get more guts in the bottom rpms. All this is thinking that you are using the buggy in a track, if you are bashing anything will work just fine. I have modify one of them my self and they are a beast but not much run time. Have fun!!
testosterone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will loose power using a pull start but then its your own preference. I use the roto start and the only problem i find with them is that the nylon nut in the rear can get hot and end up not gripping the shaft which then gives you starting probs unless you use a start box
6sharky9

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big difference in gas consumption between the 2 motors..im going to do a build of a 3 port hyper soon on here..if you run on a big open track with long straights then the 8 port is a decent motor...if you run on a short track with lots of turns and very little straights then its not going to be a good choice..The OS Vspec motor is only a 3 port motor and makes way more power than the hyper 8 port...not saying its not a great motor but just being realistic here..dont let the number of ports fool you..more ports equals more fuel used and unless you have long enough straights will never see the benefits of a motor with more ports..you may find the build up im going to do interesting. ...Ofna also has a 4 port version of the same motor im going to build up...hope you like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: