FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
New Hyper 7 tq sport TOAST??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tabossco

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: New Hyper 7 tq sport TOAST?? Reply with quote

Just bought a brand new Hyper 7 TQ sport with the .28 broke the motor in just like i was suppose to but just after one gallon of fuel the motor has little compression. Ran 20% fuel had smoke at wot and never let her get over 250 deg. this is a major disappointment I know its been 15 years since i ran nitro but i still remember leaning the hell out of my old RC10GT dynamite motor for races & it lasted nearly 6 gallons! Could i have got a bad motor IDK i didn't check the compression before i broke it in. Im using "NEW" MC-8 plug could it be just to cold of a plug cause when i put 3v on this plug it glows hella bright & it starts right up and drives around lol yes im driving it with the glow plug igniter in the motor. but just 1.5v it sounds like its trying to fire but no go. So my question is anyone think its the plug or worn motor?

Yes LSN MSD & HSN are set correct.
Tabossco

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of views but no replys does this mean all of you are as puzzled as I am?
segal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: compression Reply with quote

I think i have the same kinda problem.. motor runs sweet, then when idling sounds like a major air leak and idling sounds like a burble from a v8.??(doesnt have a constant tick-over at the same sound level??)...and its not running as fast as it should.
Am i way of the mark ???
my car has no air leaks either.
Have heard of a few of these engines being sent back aswell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: