FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
What is the trick to installing Ofna belted tires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Huck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: What is the trick to installing Ofna belted tires Reply with quote

Hi: This forum is kinda dead, but I just bought four Ofna 'belted" tires that came with the two piece foams and after destroying 3 sets, I decided to pack it in. I then bought the Ofna one-piece molded foam inserts and still end-up with a big lump where the foam has bunched up. The tire and foam goes on not bad for the first 3/4's and after that the bead will not seat properly because the foam bunches up at that last one inch spot.
These belted tires have zero stretch,so they are tight on the rim all the way, with no wiggle room at all!. I tried twice and got the same result with the lump.
I usually have pretty good luck with this sort of thing,but I think installing my first motorcycle tire by hand was easier!
Has anybody here had any luck?! Thanks,Huck
HyperManiac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently just installed tyres onto rims, and i worked out putting the foam inside the tyre first works the best, then put the tyre onto the rim making sure the foam stays inside the tyre while doing so...
Huck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyperManiac wrote:
I have recently just installed tyres onto rims, and i worked out putting the foam inside the tyre first works the best, then put the tyre onto the rim making sure the foam stays inside the tyre while doing so...

Thanks! Were they the "belted" version tires,or the "standard" version? The belted type tires have zero stretch and nearly impossible to install without ruining the two-piece foams,even after gluing to the tire and wheel first. I had to go with the separate molded inserts and even those had to be installed by my LHS,which he has never had some a time installing tires!! I won't be doing this again! Thanks,Huck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: