FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.21 mid range running issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Soaper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: .21 mid range running issues Reply with quote

Having issues with my .21 running.
will start up first 1 or 2 pulls after using hair dryer on engine.
was running it around earlier and ran good. but i stayed at low speeds. was just making sure everything was working good since the engine has been pulled 10 times in the past week.

Anyway. started to go WOT and at about 1/4 throttle to half it was sputter then just stop.
When i'd go to start it it would puff smoke out the exhaust then would start 3 or 4 pull.

it's DEF running rich, after starting and idle if im to close it'll gas me away.

any help???

Thanks all.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close the High end needle(the stiking out on top) 1 hrs at time, once you close 1hr run the car for a few laps and see how perform, if you see that is getting better keep closing 1 hr at at time but at this point every hr that you close in the high needle check the idle, if the idle is getting high open the lower needle until the engine have a steady idle again(adjust this needle just a little taps at a time). And Finally but the very first thing that you should do is make sure the iddle gap in the throttle is no more than .6-.7mm open at full close. You can take a Credit card and stick it in the idle and adjust until you get the gap, once this is done you do not need to touch the idle gap for nothing you just play with the Low and high needles. Make sure when adjust the mixture you have plenty of smoke when driving no need much smoke if any when engine is in idle. Hope this help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: