FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Rear Brace ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beatnik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Rear Brace ? Reply with quote

The buggy I'm finishing up has this small aluminum rear brace which looks like it might be a weak area.

I noticed the LX-2 has a stronger looking center brace. Has anyone upgraded to this and does it fit as a replacement for the above ?

Buggin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'll try and get some pics up.
[/code]
Beatnik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pic ! Looks like you also made an additional aluminum piece ?

I'm confused a bit by the picture on the link I provided for the newer center brace. It looks to come with four pieces, am I not seeing something ? What are the other two for ?
Buggin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, modified the front aluminum piece for the diff and brace to work in the rear. Works very well. If you want to stiffen the chassis even more install a "z" brace.
Why there is a transponder mount included in that link ya provided for the second part I don't know. I don't know what the other small piece is next to it. The slant brace appears to be the correct one, then you'll need a front top plate so you can modify that or take a piece of aluminum ya might have laying around and just cut that up. Tomorrow I can try and dig up the part numbers for ya that I used.
Beatnik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have to change out the upper arms to these ?

I'm definitely looking into this. Looks like I've got some manual studying to do here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: