FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ultra LX2 - lack of upgrade parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

shifty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Ultra LX2 - lack of upgrade parts Reply with quote

So I've recently purchased a LX2 nitro buggy with a force .28 motor - It's my first Ofna. I broke it in and started bashing it a little bit on the second half gallon and all of a sudden - no drive - I checked it out and found the set screw for the front driveshaft had backed out and completely fell out - it was gone - shaft was freewheeling and tore the fuel tank up a bit.. I guess they're not kidding when they say you should go over ever screw with loctite when you take the thing out of the box, i was still surprised they left it loose tho - so anyway that's what i did - retorqued all the major fasteners with loctite and went back out the next day only to bite the curb.. cracked the front right lower control arm right off the diff housing... So I immediately hit the inter-webs to locate some upgrade parts - maybe aluminium control arms and gearbox housings - only to discover a serious lack of parts for this buggy aside from stock replacement pieces... Is this typical for ofna products or will better upgradeable parts and pieces be available later on... Anyway I love the buggy it hauls a$$ and it's a lot of fun - cant wait till my replacement gearbox housing comes in so I can take it back out - think ill stay off the street this time and head over to the park =P
Voucher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't want aluminum suspention parts on your buggy. They tend to bend and break instead of flex. I know you see a ton of aluminum a arm for that other truck, but those are for building shelf queens.
shifty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i hear you... but i would still like aluminum diff housings... especially since the x2 front diff rear lower control arm mounts are mounted straight to the diff case instead of a bolt-on bar like the forward/front lower control arm.. which is replacable... anyway i did my own custom mods and theyve been working out for me .... check it out... i drilled a hole thru the rear bracked and ran a self tapping screw thru it... as well as epoxy and what not.. so far its been holding up great.. i think its stronger than stock...[img][/img][img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: