FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
A little help going off the jumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TITAN-22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: A little help going off the jumps Reply with quote

I just got a new LX2 a couple weeks ago. I have been taking it easy breaking it in and it is running great. The other day I took it to a skate park where they had some jumps for bikes. I started off easy just barely letting it get off the ground then I started to take the jumps with a bit more speed. It would just get a foot or so off the ground but the front would always dip down it would nose dive into the ground. On one of the jumps it tumbled a couple times and bent the front shock tower.

I have seen videos of guys jumping trucks and going 10 feet in the air and landing just fine.

Is there a trick to going off jumps? Is there a certain angle it needs to go off to fly without nose diving? Please help, I want to be able to go off some good jumps.

Thanks
H9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hold a constant throttle (or release the throttle), when you leave the jump it will tend to nosedive. The simplest way to stop it nosediving is to accelerate up the face of the jump so there is some 'push' momentum behind the car when it leaves the jump. I don't mean full throttle either (yet)!

Try this:
1. Roll slowly over a jump with constant throttle (like its driving on cruise control) - nose dive due to lack of momentum.
2. Now try the same again as fast as you like, but still with constant throttle as you go off the jump. Same result.
3. Now roll up to the jump, but this time mildly accelerate up and over it. The nose should stay up (within reason).

Once you get the hang of that, then the next technique to learn is controlling the nose aspect mid-jump. A squirt of the throttle (when the buggy is in the air) will bring the nose up; conversely a squeeze of the brakes will make the nose dive. This is a bit harder to practice, and you need to be getting some reasonable airtime to use and see the effect properly at first.

NOTE: If your brake / throttle is badly adjusted it will make it hard for you. The wheels should turn freely when the throttle is at neutral (no brake binding). Otherwise whenever you release the throttle mid-jump, it will be the same as applying the brakes.

Hope that helps, and makes sense!
TITAN-22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that makes sense. I was trying to take it easy and it sounds like that was my problem. I will try that this weekend after my new shock tower comes in.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: