FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
problem Shifting into second

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper One Seven
View previous topic :: View next topic  

herbykw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: problem Shifting into second Reply with quote

I have a One seven and when i get one it it runs, but then it doesn't shift into second gear. It goes into neutral and just revs and rolls to a stop. I have taken the gear box apart and can not find anything broken and everything looks right. Once the rpms come down, the car shifts back into first.

I have posted this on a few other sites and people say to check the second gear bearing.

I don't know if something is slipping or could be bad and look normal. Any thoughts?

Reverse is not being used and the arm for gear box is pulled and held forward. Does this move at all when the car shifts into second?
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the 2-speed assy. Make sure the the arm portion is free and not binding.
Also make sure the 2nd gear drum does have the pin in it (circled in yellow) if the pin is missing 2nd gear will not engage. The one-way bearing is on the 1st gear assy. It is designed to be engaged when the model takes off and is in 1st. gear. The bearing freewheels when 2nd gear is engaged.
herbykw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the pin in in the drum for the 2nd gear. The other day when I was working on it I was able to get I to shift into second, so I put it back together and now it won't. First gear works fine, but scone just doesn't wan to engage. A few months back I had taken it apart and Put it back together and it worked for about 2 tanks then would sometimes work, then just won't. I think somethin is loose or worn out but I can't find it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper One Seven All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: