FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.26 picco max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

chevro27

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: .26 picco max Reply with quote

got a new front bearing today for my max cause the stock one was leaking, but the new one in same thing. the new one i got is sealed on both side's which is way better than the single stock that look's like it come's from a cracker jack box. ok, it's not leaking from the rubber to the inner sleeve part of the bearing, it's leaking between the crank and the inner sleeve. what i'm saying so you don't think it's the bearing itself leaking, it's leaking right from where the crank goes through. has the crank been ground down alittle to far from spec so it's not tight enough fit inside the inner sleeve to seal? btw the motor is new. has about 6 tank's of 20% idle's great, mccoy mc-59 plug, 15/36 gearing, is all sealed up (except for crank) but can't get it to move without stalling, and i'm sure it's from the air leak. it just pour's fuel from the exhaust, i know it's rich but it don't matter if i lean it out a little no different. the needle's are 3 out hsn, 2 out from bell lsn, (that is what the manual say's) i know it's still tight and is getting better, but i can't lean it out cause then the idle get's all crazy from the air leak. what should i do ya think, get new crank or try a handful of bearing's? as i'm on here i'm gonna start tearin it down
chevro27

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seal problem fixed, she's tight, no air leak's. now on to the tuning. idles real good but still not wanting to go very well. i tried leaning it out some but same result. i haven't changed the plug yet since i first started break in but it start's right up and stays running well. temp's around 220-235, i start leaning out the high speed then it start's idling real high and erratic then i richin the lsn a little and it's all good again. i know i need to start with the high speed but im trying just to get it to roll right now, lol. still alot of nitro spray and drip's from exhaust. i leaned it out to 2 turn's out and still no differ. takin a break for a minute.
chevro27

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright back to myself, lol. changed plug, tank, line's and fuel. much better but still ain't right, now i'm gonna go threw the carb, clean needle's wash everything, check o-ring's. alot help on here i see, lol
chevro27

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k, all back together. i had to turn the hsn in till it was 1 1/2 turns from out and man did it wake up. still got good smoke and it's jerkin the wheel's, but now the idle is all erratic again. due to rain i had to stop, but i bet i richin up the lsn and i'll be good. temp is 230-240 we'll see tomorrow, this thing ain't gonna beat me
chevro27

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's a good 3pc clutch kit to get for this max? i heard the integy sucked
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Werks works prety well, the Losi 8 2.0 clutch works great also. beside those the Mugen and Ofna 3 clutch work just fine. The main thing is ste it up according to your liking.
chevro27

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's for the info, i'll try one out.
lanshan75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,do you love cats, i am a girl who love cats very much,i just want to find some new friends to share the happiness of keeping cats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: