FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Engine Size and good buggy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

guitar95

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Engine Size and good buggy Reply with quote

I want to get into racing at my local track so i want to get a new buggy. I want an ofna and it has to be around $350 is the Ofna Picco Buggy good or The Hyper 8 also what are recomendations for a 2.4ghz radio and reciever
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pic the Hyper 8.5 its a RTR means is coming with the radio. Must important is a good race car but a little outdate it. The picco is good but in the heavy side.
If you want to pick a nicer radio with more features, Airtronics M11 or Futaba 3pk they are not the newest one but they do the job just like the newer versions. But there is a few good radios around.
Look for what you local hobby shop carries and what the must experieced racers race at the track, that way you can get help to set up and tips to get you and your buggy dialed. There is a lot of good options around, not that the hyper is bad but a little outdate it. Bottom line if you want to spend money? spend money once. Good luck and BURN NITRO M2C.
mnsanch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Size and good buggy Reply with quote

guitar95 wrote:
I want to get into racing at my local track so i want to get a new buggy. I want an ofna and it has to be around $350 is the Ofna Picco Buggy good or The Hyper 8 also what are recomendations for a 2.4ghz radio and reciever

Been there done that! Have the Hyper 8.5 and have searched and searched forums, ranted, and have even called Ofna for support in which I was turned to nitrohouse for product purchases just to be shipped the wrong items i.e. 13mm shocks instead of 14mm shocks, wrong chassis braces ( they shipped the ones for the ST) . The macstar .28 engine screams for about 2 tanks then blows holes more than a machine gun! Parts are easier to get off of ebay and a hell of alot cheaper! Stick with the latest and greatest, you will get up to date forum support as well as track supoort because most are running like buggys! And some LHS will carry what you need!

The Hyper 8.5 forum is DEAD!

The 8.5 is very heavy comparred to some out there ! But the questions will still remain!

Racer or basher?
Can you afford the upgrades that will come ?

Not to scare you off but the latest and greatest is more supported than any of the outdated buggys anywhere..................... except LOSI! hehe
H9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnsanch - This particular forum may be dead (it started to die the day Rob Bender left Nitrohouse) but the Hyper 8, and the Hyper 7 for that matter, is far from dead. A large number of both buggys is still sold worldwide, and certainly here in Australia they are still popular (mainly with bashers, racers tend to go with newer models).

The Hyper 7 was first seen on the track back in the year 2000, the Hyper 8 in 2006. Tell me another brand / model that is that old, that still sells in large numbers!!! And how many other 5 year old buggys still have active setup forums available for them??

There is a wealth of old setup information out there for the Hyper 8. RCtech.net is but one good source of info. Get off your butt and look around, instead of repeatedly complaining about how Nitrohouse and Ofna aren't looking after you.

As for parts, its rare for an online shop to ship the wrong parts unless the wrong parts have been ordered. Not saying it doesn't happen, but in my extensive time of ordering online, I have only ever once received a wrong part (from amain).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: