FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Steering prob need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mohrtrouble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Steering prob need help Reply with quote

I need help I have a hyper sevenand I got it and it wold steer good to the right but not to the left it won't go all the way it's a new servo and I've centered it numerous times it's a hitech hs-645mg
H9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the instruction book out for your radio controller, find the setting for subtrim. Make sure its set to neutral (no left or right bias).
Then check your servo horn is mounted as close to central as possible.
Then adjust the subtrim so the horn is dead center.

If its a cheap radio, then the 'subtrim' is the little dials. Should be as close to middle as possible.

If that is all correct, then check for any broken bits on the front end, then check your toe-in and camber is set correctly on both sides.
Mohrtrouble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought it used and I didn't get a manual but I've overlooked the steering part nothin seemed broken and I think I got the trim on the controller correct do you have one? could you put pics of your servo horn and other stuff up close on here
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the ofna web page, right side of the screen they have a link with all the manuals, you can download.
H9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Hyper 7 became a shelf queen a long time ago (2006 to be precise, when the Hyper 8 was released!) and has no radio gear or servo's, so no I don't have pics....

Its possible that the servo is no good, the internal gears can strip (or the horn itself, but that would affect left and right). The servo should be too strong to hold the horn by hand when turning. If you can hold it in place, then time for a new servo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: