FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 21 Pro 8P turbo or Mac Star 21. 8P turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

melvinseet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Hyper 21 Pro 8P turbo or Mac Star 21. 8P turbo Reply with quote

which engine is better...?

does the engine match with the 20e os carb?
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyper 21 Pro 8P turbo or Mac Star 21. 8P turbo Reply with quote

melvinseet wrote:
which engine is better...?

does the engine match with the 20e os carb?

They are the same, with different names...The MacStar is the newer version, with a 2 piece head and head button, where as the Hyper Engine will come with a one piece head/head button...The Nova Rossi P5 head and head buttons are direct drop in's if you want to switch a Hyper into a Turbo head button...

I've heard the OS carb will fit it, but IMO it isn't required.

I like the stock carb...The trick is having it setup correctly from the start. Read the "Hyper .21 8 port Carb." thread, and it'll teach you how to best setup the carb, so it'll tune just like it's supposed to...

I have ran a Nova Rossi carb on one, and it's a direct drop in. The engine ran great with it...

Hope this helps...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
melvinseet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bro....

In fact i am running a normal hyper 7 6port.... still slow.... intend to upgrade to some other engines....

thinking to get the macstar 21. which is quite cheap but over singapore, hyper engine is not very well known off... normally uses OS, RB...

how long can this engine last me? have you guys tried...i mean hyper engine

thanks
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melvinseet wrote:
thanks bro....

In fact i am running a normal hyper 7 6port.... still slow.... intend to upgrade to some other engines....

thinking to get the macstar 21. which is quite cheap but over singapore, hyper engine is not very well known off... normally uses OS, RB...

how long can this engine last me? have you guys tried...i mean hyper engine

thanks

I've ran many...Most lasted me right at 5 gallons of abuse. I ran the snot out of them to see what they could take. I recommend replacing the front bearing out with a Picco or similar, and it'll run great. I'd bet I would have gotten more life out of them if I was a bit nicer to them.

I really like the 2027 pipe with a double bend manifold on it. Out of all the pipes I tested on it, it performed the best(IMO)...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Ecliipse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@nitrohouse hi there i have the macstar .21 8 port turbo engine, would the novarossi carb fit this? thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: