FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.32 hard starting with rotor start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

dan.v

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: .32 hard starting with rotor start Reply with quote

Hey guys im new to this forum so if iv posted this in wrong section please don't grill me haha .. problem is as stated running .32 ,20% nitro, hpi rotor start hobao no5 which i believe is the right plug med/hot and correct length for right compression my problem is it just takes so long to start theres fuel in the carb, no air leaks, running right battery in roto start but you have to crank it for ages before it'll even wanna try to start which cant b good....

my only thought is i may still be running too rich on low speed needle.

note : main needle is about 1/4 turn in from base setting

sorry for the massive essay guys but any help would be appreciated

Dan
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your air idle gap in the carb, should be around ..7 to 1.0 mm wich is like the thickness of a credit card. If the air gap is too big will suck a lot of fuel and and this will give you problems when tunin. Check the gap, set it up and do not need to touch it anymore. Try to close the LHS at least 1hr, also if the engine is new get a heater gun or a hair dryer and heat the engine up to around 150 or 175 if possible. Try this and let us know.
dan.v

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and your thought of what it may be .. In the end it ended up being a poor contact in my glow driver pulled it all apart cleaned it out starts up first click of the roto start now .. HAPPY DAYS

cheers again

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: