FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
NEXX 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

nuggy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: NEXX 8 Reply with quote

Does anyone have a Nexx 8 and was wondering what they think
Thanks
Adam
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRAKE? lol
scoobie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive put a ton of runtime (25+hours) on my Nexx. Its my first e-buggy, and I was hesitant to pull the trigger on a car that is essentially a Jammin X1 RTR, but I did and couldnt be happier! The car handles NOTHING like the Jammin cars did. Out of the box, there are some minor durability issues, mainly with the front shock tower and plastic front arm holders, but the stock chassis has a lot of flex as well and needs a turnbuckle link added from the front top plate to the center diff top plate to prevent the chassis from getting tweaked...add the cost of the parts up and you are still in it way less than any other name brand e-buggy.

There are a couple 'new name' buggies that may be cheaper, but reliability is questionable and parts support is pretty much non-existent...Who cares if they are cheap, when you have to load them up with Mugen parts to make them reliable? When youre done making it bomb proof, the cost is astronomical, and would have been better off buying something else!

The track I run at is 95x45, indoor HARD PACK clay, with some HUGE jumps...Running a variety of indoor tires, the car drives very aggressively with the stock setup, and has lots of oversteer. I did some things to tune it to my driving style, and numb it down a little. Everyone who has driven my car was very impressed with the handling qualities, and one of my buddies even gave up his Losi after driving my Nexx, saying it has more steering!

It really is a killer platform, and Im hoping a revised 'pro' kit version is in the works for 2011
nuggy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: NEXX 8 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I'm on the way to go pick up the new NEXX as we speak I won't be racing it as i live in the country on a farm so time is everything to me. The car is mainly for bashing with a few friends ,I've built a track 110X50 with 10foot wide lanes and its hard pack dirt with some real good size jumps so its all I need ! I also have a Mugen MBX5T that has a Teckno conversion kit but I haven't been able to run yet as its winter but there is a new indoor carpet offroad track that just opened up close to where i live So I'll let you know what I think soon
Thanks again
Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: