FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Mach star .28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WillyB10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Mach star .28 Reply with quote

The motor was running great for the last 3 weeks, then I put it up for a day or two tried to start it, it started rev real high I shut it down now it wont start..

For the last 5 days I have been trying to get this thing to run right.. No luck..

Now in order for me to start it I have to hit the trigger on the controller put my finger over the intake hole and pull the cord.. It starts then dies out once the gas is burnt out.. So I came to the conclusion that no fuel is getting to the engine.. I changed fuel lines, check.. Cleaned carb, check.. Dont know what else I can do..

I am new to the world of nitro burning fun...
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change the glow plug
WillyB10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.. I changed it 3-4 times now.. I got it started but it still revs real high and no matter what setting I set it at it doesn't really work.. Maybe it's a air leak.. That is my next journey.. Air leak patrol..
mnsanch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillyB10 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.. I changed it 3-4 times now.. I got it started but it still revs real high and no matter what setting I set it at it doesn't really work.. Maybe it's a air leak.. That is my next journey.. Air leak patrol..

Have you tried the Air Leak test yet? The mac .28 I have blew holes everywhere and once I sealed it,,,,, holy crap,,,, what a monster! Ended up putting a Dyn .21 Mach 2 and am keeping the mac for a back up engine!
WillyB10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a video on youtube about air leaks and how to test the engine for them.. This weekend I will test it.. Thanks
scdrj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also check the pipe/header gaskets. Check the fuel tank for damage along with the o-ring on the lid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: