FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper After market clutch systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mnsanch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Hyper After market clutch systems Reply with quote

I have been running with the stock clutch system. The clutch springs are tired and loose. The clutch shoes are starting to engage the bell even at an idle! I've replaced the springs with some muggen springs but they are taking to long to engage. What are the compatible adjustable 3shoe clutch systems out there that are not going to break the bank?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to ebay and look for the Losi clutch, you could buy the whole set up for 30.00 or so. The M2C system is very afordable, is the same concept as the losi. This 4 shoes clutch have a big range of tunin, better than the 3 clutch. IMO.
rbeamj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: RE: clutch. Reply with quote

Depending on the engine in use you can also just use mugen .9 springs. My RB engine really likes the carbon black shoes with 1.1 springs (engages real late with lots of punch) however if you want it to engage earlier then use the .9 springs.

I have not had experience with the losi system but I have had real good luck with the stock 3 shoe system with the right springs. You can also try aluminum shoes (slightly heavier) as they will engage earlier as well. I dont like aluminum shoes due to the extra maintenance required (sanding of the shoes and clutch bell to make sure they are not mushrooming too badly). Many people like aluminum though.

There are lots of clutches out there. Find one that suits you best and stick with it.
mnsanch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: RE: clutch. Reply with quote

rbeamj wrote:
Depending on the engine in use you can also just use mugen .9 springs. My RB engine really likes the carbon black shoes with 1.1 springs (engages real late with lots of punch) however if you want it to engage earlier then use the .9 springs.

I have not had experience with the losi system but I have had real good luck with the stock 3 shoe system with the right springs. You can also try aluminum shoes (slightly heavier) as they will engage earlier as well. I dont like aluminum shoes due to the extra maintenance required (sanding of the shoes and clutch bell to make sure they are not mushrooming too badly). Many people like aluminum though.

There are lots of clutches out there. Find one that suits you best and stick with it.

I'm running a Dynamite .21 Mach 2 engine with the stock Ofna flywheel and clutch, with an 086 pipe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: