FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Force .28 Sleeve Removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ramp4ge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Force .28 Sleeve Removal Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm working on an engine for a buddy, he let his Titan sit for a number of years without running the engine out of fuel..so it's all gummed up and nasty. I've taken on the challenge of cleaning out the engine and getting it running again, but I need to pull the sleeve to get the cylinder out so I can get the crankshaft out, yadda yadda...

Problem is, if you've ever worked on an Ofna Force engine, the sleeve is flush with the top of the case, and there's no way to really grab it and yank it out. And it's stuck in there good..

Anyone got any ingenious methods of pulling the sleeves out of these engines?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some pb blast, wd-40, Mistery oil or any of this products that are made to lubricate, get a bucket big enough to sink the block in it and live it in the for a day or so. Make sure the back plate and carb are off before sink it in. Now you should be ready to get the sleeve out. From the back of the engine you can used a piece of hard plastic or a wood stick that can fit in there without damage the sleeve and push the sleeve out enough to pull it out. Piston and rod should comes out very easy same with the crankshaft. Now all that you need is replace front and rear bearing and send the piston/sleeve for a medium pinch and you have a new engine. If you can get the o'rings for the carb, get them also. After few years those rubbers aren't air tight.
To replace the bearings is a simple task. So you can save some money in there. You can send the piston and sleve here http://www.bluegrasshobbies.com/bg/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30_102_380_381&products_id=2657 for the pinch.

MY 2 choice - There is a gamma of engine now days, very good and very affordable, you should look in to that before attempt to repair this one. I seen engines that goes as low as 100.00. just food fro thoughts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: