FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Adjusting hood height for wheel clearance ? ? ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

toggle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Adjusting hood height for wheel clearance ? ? ? Reply with quote

Ok,,, Im a Newby,,,
Just got a Jammin SCRT-10 and was checking the body clearance with the tires, and noticed the stock tires rubbed on the body when wheels were turned, with out doing any adjustments, I put on a different set of tires,
JC Concepts #3322 rims with JC's "Double Dee's"3.0"x2.2" #3043-02
These tires are slightly wider and taller, and really don't fit too well under the body.
I raised the Body Post's as high as they would go, and the tires rub on the side walls and also on the top of the body.
Did the dealership sell me the wrong tires or do I need to do something different.
I am assuming I need to cut the fender wells out to make the tires clear the body when turning , but I still have the problem when bottomed the front and rear also hit the top.
Before I go cutting the body all up, being a newby I want to make sure I am doing the correct thing.
Thanks
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most People raise and cut the body in order to fit the larger tires.
toggle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured that they cut them to fit, just seemed like a lot to cut out,, Im also new to rc and short course, and I didn't want to wreck a nice body by doing the wrong thing.. thanks for the reply.. I also talked to the racers at the track today, and found out that there are some after market bodies "Proline" that have bodies with flared and humped fenders so they don't have to be cut as much.
I got the scissors in my hands now,, away i go.
Thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: