FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
The New Havok Pro SC Ballistic 4.5 or Tekin 4.5?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

blaze

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: The New Havok Pro SC Ballistic 4.5 or Tekin 4.5? Reply with quote

I have a 5700 CC Mamba and temps are to high on 5mm 13 Tooth pinion. I am looking to get a new motor, its between Novak 4.5 SC the Tekin 4.5 SC4X. I have alot of 3S batteries and they would not be compatible with Havok motor its 5000kv, but not sure if the Tekin is 3S compatible. I cannot find info anywhere or maybe just havent looked hard enough. I would like to know which motor you would rather have and why. Anyone who actually have one please give feedback. I also have a Jammin SCRT10.

Also can I use my Mamba Pro with both motors.
nuggy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Which motor Reply with quote

I find that a lower KV motor works best such as a 3500 or the castle sct 3800 try these my buddy runs a 4000 hobbyking 4000 and temps only get up to 118F
osoone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the Novak, but I just put the Tekin in my SCRT10 with the MMPro. I love this motor. It is very manageable at slow speed sections, but will really move when you have a short take off of a jump. I have the timing set at standard and run the 13 tooth stock gearing. I run a track that is set up for eighth scale and it is great. It is like running a 540 can motor with a three cell. My motor still runs cool enough that I can leave my finger on the motor after a full 5 minute run. I could probably go up to a 15 tooth and be ok. But I really like where it is now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: