FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
GTP 2 speed tranny
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> On-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dohner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so how do i know if im running in second gear or not??? And also when adjusting the motor screw if i adjust it in is that leaning it out or riching it up. I am new to all this nitro stuff i am used to electric LOL but they are amazing fun and sound awsome. Thanks for all your help
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjusting in is leaning.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right = lean , left = rich
You will notice when the trenny change, the engine sounds almost like a regular car when shift.
Dohner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok another question of course LOL Should 1 of the tranny gears spin sorta freely like not move the differentail?? I know they both hit the motor gear which turns the other gear also but should 1 move sorta freer than the other. Also when my rpms get up higher you can hear the motor flatting out should this happen or should it stay relatively smooth?? Sorry for all the questions not really regarding the 2 speed, but i seem to be getting all my answers here. Thanks
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dohner wrote:
Ok another question of course LOL Should 1 of the tranny gears spin sorta freely like not move the differentail?? That should be the second gear I know they both hit the motor gear which turns the other gear also but should 1 move sorta freer than the other. Also when my rpms get up higher you can hear the motor flatting out should this happen or should it stay relatively smooth?? Just make sure you have a stream of smoke all the time no matter if is in low rpms or top end always keep a stream of smoke.Sorry for all the questions not really regarding the 2 speed, but i seem to be getting all my answers here. Thanks

Don't worry about the questions just keep them coming if you have them, bottom line, this is all about have some fun.
Dohner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks i will do some checking tonight on this and see if the second gear moves freer and also i figured this noise is just due to the metal motor gear on the plastic tranny gear but it makes a whining noise which is normal right and also when i pick the front tires up off the table and leave th rears on the table i turn the front 2 at the same time and it kinda binds up then pops 2 times and then locks up and pulls the car backwards. Should it pop or just do it when i first start turning the front wheels???
Dohner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK got an update for you all. The other day i was running my gtp down the road and brought it in for a cool down period and notice the tranny was hanging up and while i was trying to get it to shift I adjusted the screw out a long way and then the clutch was just falling down and hanging up. So i adjust it back in all the way and then out about 3 turns and still no shifting i just dont know how many turns i have to turn it out before it will shift i just want it to shift period and i can adjust it from there. Thanks for any help you may have.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here http://www.ofna.com/pdf/8-Cam-2speed.pdf ( if you can't open it, go to ofnaracing.com and pic manuals in the right side of the screen then scroll down till you find 2-Speed, Cam.) 1st. page there is a drawing highlighter with a square, there is tw2 screws one to adjust the cam holder wich is 4 x 5 and the one that you used to adjust the tranny wich is a 4 x 4. They are side by side. Make sure that you find the correct one, it should't be mystaquen because they should use different allen sizes. [/img]
Dohner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup thats the screw i have been adjusting the one with the spring at the bottom of it. OH well i will just tear it all down this winter and get it figured out untill then ill run it in first just dont go for top end.
davejr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was wondering about the shifting. I honestly can't tell if it is. When you adjust the set screw, do you do it in 1 hour increments(very sensitive) or full turns(not that sensitive)? Is the factory rtr setting at least pretty close? I haven't even touched it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> On-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: