FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Head Shims ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mnsanch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Head Shims ? Reply with quote

I have a macstar .28, I downloaded the exploded view of the engine and I found that there is two (2) shims, is the 28004, 28005 both supposed to be used on this engine? Or are they optional units to be used by themselves?

The temps on this engine are so erratic its hard to tell which way to turn anything! Seems this engine runs its best at or around 300 deg.

Followed other links on here and have the mid set perfectly with hsn, and the lsn needle is about 1 to 1 1/4 turns out from flush, if I move anything past any of the settings that I have found the engine overheats and steam comes from the plug ( immediate shut off )
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have both shims on that is fine no worries. If your engine is around 300deg, that is way, way too much. Hope you didn't use it like that. Check the engine compresion, try to get the engine in temp shut it off and with your hand turn the flywheel and see if you have any resistance, if you do you have compression the engine should be ok, if you don't or have very little resistance the eng. is shut or about. Do the engine stay in idle? and for how long? Other thing is check for air likage, where? back plate, cylinder head, carb.(check the needles o-ring are in good condition and in place). If you want to seal the engine just to be safe, just use a little bit of HI TEMP Silicone in the the back plate and a thin coat on the carb( where is conected to the block). and tune. The factory needles setting are just for a guide to make the engine start and run in the rich side, once you got the engine seal re-tune. hope this help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: