FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
faulty radio gear???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

addyfie1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: faulty radio gear??? Reply with quote

Hey guys am new around here has anyone ever had aproblem with their receiver or radio gear in a hyper 7 that causes the car to rev and steer on its own pretty much when it feels like it? It only started doing this yesterday both servos go crazy like it is possessed or something. When i move the handset around near the car this sometimes makes the servos go wild also, I have ruled out the handset, changed all the batteries and swopped the 2 crystals with my other car and still the same thing
Does anyone know whats going on here? I guess it only leaves the receiver in the car..........
Any help is appreciated
Cheers Adam
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check all the wires are are in good condition,all conectors are properly conected. Check for battery power levels and make sure they hold charge. If you have an other radio and receiver to test do so, can be the transmiter not sendindg a good signal. This are a few things that you can look for.hope this help. Cheers.
addyfie1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vr6... The car is only about a month old and has probably done about 12-15 tanks of fuel through her thats all ,i have duracell rechargable batteries which are new and fully charged and i have tested the handset ,I have 2 and they both do the same thing. The only thing i havent tested is the receiver in the car.Is there a way to test this? I took the receiver out of the car yesterday unplugged the wires and plugged them back in all seemed normal everything looked unworn and properly seated.
On friday i was on a local park when it started doing this but i presumed it was the area with dodgy signals (there are a few phone masts in the area) so i just packed up and went home then yesterday i was in a completely different place (where i have had no problems before) and just after getting the car started it took off on its own accross 3 football fields streight into a tree at the other side. The car is ok but i dont really want this happening again.
Anything else i can try?
Cheers Adam
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the reciver may have gotten wet
but then again I did have old tx/rx's that have went crazy when the reciver pack power wire was too close to the antena wire,check that out
I had servos go crazy before due to the vibration of nitro engines,Try with the buggy not running,Does it still act crazy.I read somewhere in the 90's about vibration messes with the frenqcey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: