FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
MacStar .28 questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: MacStar .28 questions Reply with quote

I own a PBS with a Mac....I love it,Easy to tune,holds a tune and packs more than enough bashing power.Its a good engine.I just past the 1.5 gallon mark still on the break in settings and my buggy is like a rocket.

Question is Who makes the MacStar?
Where is it made?
Are there any other size Macs

Im just tired of giving positive feedback about the engine and all I get in replies is its a piece o crap blah...blah...blah
one guy stated that Dynamite made the engine and it was such a piece of crap that they wont even claim it.

Sure the Mac cant keep up with my Ofna .28 force purple head,the force has better low rpm power but I find that the Mac has a long powerband,from mid to high she pulls the strongest,low rpm is ok
plus my buggy is heavier than most,I built a custom mig welded steel cage,dune buggy style,and custom built an aluminum adaptor plate for a rotostarter
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed both my Button heads today the .28 force and the .28 mac to check out the head color and glowplug cause that tells you alot about how the engine is running.How come the .28 force is larger than the .28 macStar.How is the size determined.I thought all .28's were the same size bore but the mac is way smaller than the force .28....what up
David S.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A different bore, and stroke can be used to achieve the same size engine (cubic inch) Very common in 1:1 car engines.

Hyper: bore....18.35mm
stroke...17.5mm Longer stroke/smaller bore

Force: bore....19.0mm
stroke..16.8mm Shorter stroke/larger bore
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's up with the Mac history,will installing a boost bottle help the engine
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pipe, good nitro % fuel and good tunin will help the engine, I dont see the use of those bottles, IMO they are a joke.
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in my gas rc boat days we used to add a 1/8" aluminum plate to the inside of the backplate,reducing the amount of room in the crankcase,I don't remember what it did or wh,lol
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you reducing the amount of space inside the crank will create more presure in side the block sending more fuel to the chamber, you also will cut the run time some. With the new engines breed I don't thing you can do it, it is very tigh inside the crankcase.
lanshan75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been annoyed by this problem for a long time,so thank you for your post, it is really useful for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: