FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Extended X2 CRT Chassis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

m.gustafson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Extended X2 CRT Chassis Reply with quote

Are there any plans to release an extended chassis for the X2 CRT?? Something to get it in line with the other truggies on the market.
m.gustafson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days have past without 1 single reply or response. Makes me wonder if anyone from Jammin actually pays attention to this forum.
m.gustafson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....... 1 week to the day without a single response. Truly unfortunate that someone with Jammin/OFNA hasn't taken the time to address this, be it publicly or privately. I do understand that the Off-Road Nats are at the end of this week and that the Worlds is soon as well.... But come on guys, how long would it take to let me and others know something? Anything?
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey m.gustafson,

Yep, this board has very few replys from Ofna reps. I believe these guys make an extended chassis for the X2. However, I don't see one listed. You might try to contact them for X2 info:

http://www.bcespeed.com/
m.gustafson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to see that.

Bill at BCE makes an extended chassis for the first generation CRT which is very similar to the current chassis on the X2 truck. I have talked to Bill several times over the last year and he has no plans to do an extended X2 as the popularity of the Jammin has fallen off. Honestly I tend to agree as most of the guys I know that use to run Jammin have since switched to longer trucks (Associated, HPI, Losi ect). Funny part is, EVERY ONE will tell you that they miss the Jammin durability and would most likely switch back if Jammin stepped up.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that BCE didn't hop on a chassis when the X2 CRT was "fresh". I, for one, haven't seen a need for a longer chassis but, I race only on one track and it does not have any real rough sections that a long chassis would accomodate better.

Ofna/Jammin has fallen way behind in the 1/8th scale market ... However, my X2 CRT is still very much a contender And I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off
m.gustafson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy with my Jammin as well. From a durability stand point it's tough to beat. I do think that a longer chassis would bring it up to the next level however. More than rough track handling would be affected by the added length.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the X2 CRT is close to "bullet proof". I can certainly see where a longer chassis could help with handling in some respects. However, I am not certain where the gains might be. Seems as if a longer chassis would handle rough sections better but, at the same time, decrease turning radius. I really don't know, just speculating.

I do know that the X2 is one tough Truggy ... I have been racing mine since Christmas without the first issue. Turns great, brakes well, jumps well and has enough weight to keep her glued to the ground. Mine is actually as close to "box stock" as you can get with just the addition of a Kings Head front upper "B" block and different diff. and shock oils.
bigmatt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m.gustafson wrote:
Ok....... 1 week to the day without a single response. Truly unfortunate that someone with Jammin/OFNA hasn't taken the time to address this, be it publicly or privately. I do understand that the Off-Road Nats are at the end of this week and that the Worlds is soon as well.... But come on guys, how long would it take to let me and others know something? Anything?

Jammin use to be the buggy or truggy to have. I own 2 x-2's cr buggies and I cannot give them away! The forums were always busy with help, not any more.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Jammin use to be the buggy or truggy to have. I own 2 x-2's cr buggies and I cannot give them away! The forums were always busy with help, not any more.[/quote]

If you are looking to give them away, I will take em
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: