FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Truggy to buggy shocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

bmrbob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Truggy to buggy shocks Reply with quote

Hi, I know generally truggy shocks are a bit longer than buggy shocks. But I was wondering if the Hyper St Pro truggy shocks would fit on a Ultra LX1 buggy and still work correctly? I have an opportunity to get a set for cheap and can't find lengths on them. Thanks alot..
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably will fit with minor shimming at the front and rear shock tower attachment point.
bmrbob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I figured that I would have to modify something (shave down or add washers) to get the thicker shocks to fit. I just dont know about the length. Like if they would be compressed all the time or something..
Also, the Hyper truggy shocks are 14.5mm, would I have a problem putting 16mm on the LX1, if I went that route?
Thanks alot..
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I raced a Hyper ST Pro for almost 2 years. The shocks are very good. Not certain about the length issue. If they were to long, you could use internal spacers on the shock shafts.

Again, the 16mm shocks would probably fit with shims on the towers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: