FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
break-in procedure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

drummin89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: break-in procedure Reply with quote

OK got a new hyper .21 8 port motor Im trying to do the break-in procedure on. Heres a question, when they say 5 turns out, they mean 1 complete 360 degree turn 5 times don't they. I can't see that being true. 5 turns out and this thing is flooding with fuel, and isn't even close to starting and will eventually fill up with enough fuel to not turn anymore. At about 2.5 turns out I can actually get it to start. My other .21 seemed to be the same way when I did the break in.

http://ofna.com/pdf/eng-hyper21.pdf

are these instructions wrong???

do I just keep turning the main needle in until I can get it to start with out over flooding with fuel. I have a on-board temp monitor so I can continuously keep an eye on the temp.
drummin89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now if I set the needle the other way they say you can. Flush and then a half turn in that puts the needle at 3 turns out which seems more correct as it still can run at that setting.
drummin89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so whats everyones normal settings for these motors?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont thing that you will find 2 engines with the same tunin. I can tell you that you can put the needles flush Hs and Ls. You can set up the Iddle @ 1.5mm open (just for brake in)(iDDLE SHOULD BE OPEN AT @.5MM once you finish brake in) you can adjust the iddle with the LS from the second tank on a Hr or 2 in ea tank of fuel, for brake in you want as much fuel running in the engine, that way can flush any thing inside. This is in the box, and just blip the Th a little so you can clear the pipe Make sure you have a steady iddle adjusting the LS needle as needed.

Wich brake in method ar you using or goint to use?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also make sure heat the engine before start, either with a heat gun or a air dryer( with air dryer take the glow plug off will work better) heat gun no need to do the plug. Try to warm the engine before start at least for the first half gallon of fuel. As better you work with your engine in the biginning he will work for better and longer.
drummin89

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply

I set the needles to what was recommended (hs in a 1/2 turn from flush, and the ls 3.5 turns out from flush). The first 2 tanks I heat cycled the engine, just giving it throttle to keep it running. Let it cool down between tanks. 3 tank I started driving it around, didn't touch the needles yet. TONS of fuel pouring out the pipe. I did this for 2 tanks. Now I think its time to start turning in the needles.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you always have smoke, have fun...
drummin89

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.

Got it running real nice. Temp doesn't get above 220. Always a light trail of smoke coming out the pipe.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now is "have fun time" as long the weather change in PA
GL
drummin89

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah right now its just too cold and windy. Got myself a helicopter and since I got it, the wind just won't stop.

The engine is going in my Jammin X2, which will only ever see track time, no backyard bashing at all. I run at Hobby Headquarters in Drums Pa. Very nice track and r/c shop.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I hear ya!! PA sucks this week, too cold, windy, western PA is bad also. Better days are coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: