FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper ST Pics...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Message
Koppa



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smith wrote:
No problem I was starting to think that you didnt get on the site anymore lol.

Yes the front upper arms are they lunsford turnbuckles.
we have winter here in Finland... and i have been busy on racing indoors with electric cars and nitros are now little while off season...

and yes those front upper arms are from Lunsford...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I live in North Carolina so we dont have much of a winter hear at least on the coast. But im from Missiour and man does it get cold there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Koppa



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smith wrote:
Thanks
I live in North Carolina so we dont have much of a winter hear at least on the coast. But im from Missiour and man does it get cold there.
our winters in these days are not pretty much real winter at all...
temperature is just a little bit below zero and it rains water or some sh***
but back to the business... here is a pic my new ST...
i sold that previous ST a while ago and started a new project...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that an Xray radio tray thats what it looks like I dont no of any other company and carves there steering servo like that. It is looking good. You also had a lot of milling done on that chassis.
On those diffs in that back of the pic you have lighten out drives on them are these the jamman out drive. I was wondering if they would work or not.

Im have no idea as to how you post pics on hear I have photobucket but I can do it Please help thanks.


Last edited by smith on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind I have got. Hear are some pics of my ST Pro a little old.













Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppa wrote:
smith wrote:
Thanks
I live in North Carolina so we dont have much of a winter hear at least on the coast. But im from Missiour and man does it get cold there.
our winters in these days are not pretty much real winter at all...
temperature is just a little bit below zero and it rains water or some sh***
but back to the business... here is a pic my new ST...
i sold that previous ST a while ago and started a new project...



I just notice you did a lot of triming on that chassis around the diff areas that looks nice do you have a pic of the under side of the chassis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Koppa



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smith wrote:
Is that an Xray radio tray thats what it looks like I dont no of any other company and carves there steering servo like that. It is looking good. You also had a lot of milling done on that chassis.
On those diffs in that back of the pic you have lighten out drives on them are these the jamman out drive. I was wondering if they would work or not.

Im have no idea as to how you post pics on hear I have photobucket but I can do it Please help thanks.

no, the radio box is from Xray XT8 but the tray is from Hyper 7...
thanks...
yes, the chassis weights now about 280-290g... (stock PRO chassis weights about 360g)
no, those are Ofna/HoBao Hyper 8 LW outdrives with Jammin X2 CRT's bevel gears and i also have X2 CRT's pinions... (45T/10T)
i had a same kind diffs on that previous ST and those worked GREAT...
smith wrote:


I just notice you did a lot of triming on that chassis around the diff areas that looks nice do you have a pic of the under side of the chassis.

no i don't have right now... but i can take it and post it...

i noticed that you got Losi 8IGHT-T's mud guards...
those work also MUCH better than ST's own guards...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run the X2 CRT gears what spur and clutch bell are you running.
That is a lot of weight you cut off of your chassis did you mill it yourself our did you send it off to have it done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Koppa



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smith wrote:
If you run the X2 CRT gears what spur and clutch bell are you running.
That is a lot of weight you cut off of your chassis did you mill it yourself our did you send it off to have it done.
i had on that first ST 46T spur and 13T clutchbell... so i tought to put a same setup to this one too...

yes i did the milling my self...
i work in machine shop and we have many turning and milling machines so i can do almost anything...
helps a lot of my hobby...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my losi 8t side guards they are the old still.

I wish I had access to milling equalment like that you can take a lot of wieght off by doing that can you make your on chassis or can you just do the milling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Koppa



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those Losi guards keep mud out very well...
yes it helps a lot with this hobby when you have access to use milling machines... but sometimes it sucks because you have to do different parts also to your friends... and your own hobby suffer...

i can do milling and turning and i can also make own chassis if i want...
a couple years ago i had HPI Savage and i made my own desing TVP's to it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great to be able to do that yourself that way you dont have all those extra hole in your chassis you could just mock everything up and then start drilling your holes from there.

I had to do a little cutting on the losi side guards to make them work but not to much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
smith



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 156
Location: Havelock, NC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppa

Have you ever thought about making a new chassis from scratch and making it longer to give it more stability I dont think I would be to hard to do I could use the rear drive shaft off of a D8T. I was just thinking of thinks I would like to do and thought I would ask and see if you have given it a thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
StillH20 Racer



Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Stillwater, MN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is me new paint for the 2010 season. Just got the pics from the painter. Hope to get them next week and have them mounted up.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
triplebvalp



Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Location: Valparaiso, FL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey StillH20 Racer,

SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
ofna nitro talk back