FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Front end problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

matts74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Front end problems Reply with quote

After very limited running, I have found the front hinge pins are falling out of my SCRT10 at an alarmingly high rate.

Is there any suggestion to remediate this issue or has an updated part set been released with longer hinge pins or some other part to improve front end reliability?

I have my SC set up with the default 22deg. upper and lower pin bushings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
T-Bone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a a few issues with this. It was caused by a sudden impact on a hard landing on right side. I put the lungford titanium hing pins and that has helped. Is it the top or bottom one poping out. I would look at the shock tower and make sure there is no crack where the hing pin is held. Good luck! i'm having a blast with mine!!!
matts74

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for the reply.

Its happening on the bottom.

I'll try the lunsford pins, but this should not be the solution as the ofna pin and the lunsford pin should be the same diameter and length. Unless the material is flexing that much, and the pins are perfectly straight.

I would expect to see failure on the a and b toe plates too. I am not.

Matt
T-Bone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say i havent had any issues because i have. Now that i'm getting used to the truck i havent broken another. Let me know what you come up with.
matts74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured out a few things

1) the screws that crank down the lower caster block ends on the gearcase have to be SUPER TIGHT.

2) Lunsford only supplies a guarantee for their turn buckles and not the pins.

3) The front shocks are too small and dampening is limited. (Droop settings are key)

4) Limit the droop all the way around to just below level seems to help.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good to know. What are the drop setting. Is it 90mm 85mm? can you check and respond? I under stand just below level but the has to be a number. On the Hyper 10SC i set the drop at 90mm front and 95 rear. it worked like a champ. have you made any other changes?
matts74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front Droop, 74mm
Rear Droop, 101mm

This is as I ran it. the track was rutted up at the end of the night. Reducing the droop by 3-5mm in the front and 5-8 in the rear may have helped.

but for a starting point running, this is the droop I'd use. Measure your shock length from eyelet to eyelet, and set the droop so that when you have the lower part of the shock mounted the top of the shock should fit easily on the top of the tower.

Next set your ride height. This is where slightly below level comes in to play. I would have it at level in the front to take away grip, and slightly below in the rear. The setting depends highly on what tire/wheel combo you use, so use your eyes.

Remember more ride height leads to more grip out of the end you are adjusting. So, if you are understeering, you need to add preload to the front to get the steering back or move the shocks to get more ride height (like towards the inside). (Its counter intuitive to me coming from on-road, but it works)

Matt
T-Bone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Sounds like you have this down. I give it a try. I'm using split six wheels and calibers tires. i'll let you know how it works for me.
matts74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Thats all the fun of this hobby. Share ideas, make it faster/better every time out.

Our local series is "off" this week, so its bench racing for me. I'm trying the blue springs in the rear next.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My settings ended at 73.27mm and 101.27mm. Truck worked great but my driving was lacking. I broke lower a arm and was out in the second round. I got cought up in too many wrecks finished 6th. bummer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: