FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
I vote for a redesign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

drummin89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: I vote for a redesign Reply with quote

I really like the ofna ultra lineup. Ive had and still have a few of them (currently have a ultra lx-1e and 2 ultra mbx buggies). One thing I think should be done differently is to have the lower arm holder separate from the front/rear gear case, like more higher end buggies/truggies.

I run my buggies at the local track and sometimes a jump just doesn't go as planned and things happen. Just this past week I was running my lx-1e and the launch off of a jump didn't go to well and it did a rolling landing. It ended up breaking the lower arm holders (both the separate piece on the rear and the tabs that are molded into the gear case) on the left rear. It would be such a easier and quicker fix if the holders were separate from the gear case.

Just a thought.

Also anyone know of any aluminum cnc'd lower arm holders.

these are the stock holders
rear http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=30351
front http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXW9&P=7
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be landing pretty hard. Far as i can see ive been racing 25 yrs or more and the OFNA buggies are by far the MOST DURABLE buggies ive ever owned. Ive never broken in that area before. Maybe a fluke or just bad luck. Work on those landings. :)
drummin89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree, Ofna vehicles are durable as well as reliable. I tell everyone thats looking to buy a buggy to check out ofna.

It got all mixed up coming off the jump and going through the air that it landed more on its side and that is when it broke the lower arm holders on the left rear. A flip and a few rolls.

Its a new layout at my local track as well as a new vehicle so it will take time to get use to everything. Im just saying it would have made more sense to not have the arm holders molded into the gear case. It would make the job a whole lot easier and quicker with a whole lot less screws.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out nitrohouse.com, they carry those aluminum upgrades.
May need to look through each Ultra model upgrades to locate 'em.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny thing is..... there are aluminum front mounts for the lower arms but its the rear of the arms that need to be metal not the fronts X(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: