FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.32 sleeve removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

bellysgonnagetya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: .32 sleeve removal Reply with quote

please please can anyone help me and tell me how the hell u get the sleave out ive now made 3 different pullers to try and get it out and all i can get is about 2mm movement up and down ive even tried warming the engine with a blow torch to see if that works. the reason i need it out is to replace the rod thats gone on the crank end and im getting all bit of metal in the glow plug and without the sleeve out i cant replace it cheers david
bellysgonnagetya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried the trick with the plastic tie and all i did was break the conrod ive now got the piston out but still cant get the sleave out. without getting the sleave out i cant get a new conrod to repair the engine ive thought obout heating the engine up with a blow torch to see if the sleave will come out then. im open to anymore ideas in getting it out please let me know as its a good engine and a shame to scrap it cheers david
StillH20 Racer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your hand and hook one of your fingers on the exhaust port, and pull up on it. If it is still stuck after that, try pushing it up from the bottom of the sleeve. Go in where the backplate would be, and use something that won't damage the sleeve. If that doesn't work let me know.
David S.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The con-rod usually dings the sleeve when it breaks. You might be able to get it out with a body post. (position the plastic body post through the rear of the engine at the bottom of the sleeve and tap on the body post lightly with a hammer)

Hope this helps
bellysgonnagetya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all this sleeve is well stuck ive tried thrashing it out from the bottem with a wooden dowel and ive made a puller out of a bolt with a plate at the bottem of the sleeve a piece of pipe at the top with the bolt running through and all i can get is about 2 mm of the sleave out beforeit goes so solid it strips the threads. and 2 mm is not enough to grab the sleeve to try and twist it out any more ideas anyone im now getting to the point of smashing it out lol just so it wont beat me .
bellysgonnagetya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the bloody thing out lol. i made a 5mm disk 23mm in diameter on my laythe with a 10 mm hole in it out of stainless steel.then got a 10mm bolt 5inch long i then put a 22mm socket on top of the engine over the sleeve then put the bolt through the lot with the disk i had made on the bottem of the sleeve and then put a 10mm nut under that. it moved as soon as i started winding it out all the hassel i went through by useing to smaller bolts eh never mind its out now but they must have thrashed this one in when they made it or i just got a bad caseing. now the fun begins getting the spares and building it back up cheers for all the advice david
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: