FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Can I convert ultra lx1 to electric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DeepSprayj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Can I convert ultra lx1 to electric Reply with quote

Ok so I bought an ultra lx1 and on the second tank of break in the rod that the pull start turns seized on me. I am not pleased at the general pain in the rear end nitro has to offer so I wanna convert it to electric. I wanna know if it is possible and what I need to do it. Is it as simple as yanking the nitro parts and putting a motor mount, motor and esc? If anyone knows or has done it I would appreciate any suggestions. Looks like it would be easy enough and I see there is an e version of this buggy. I love the buggy but hate the nitro pitfalls. My buddy warned me but of course I had to learn for myself and make it ten times more expensive than if I just bought the e-roller to begin with. Note: I found out what happened the crank arm on the piston and crankshaft broke. That's disheartening for that to break that easily.
stallen50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is pretty easy. there is alot of brands that are interchangable. all you need is a motor mount, battery box, pinion gear, and some light modifications. Brushless is awesome.
DeepSprayj

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I'm pricing it out and then I'll decide. Looks like it might cost 300 bucks to convert. It may be more. I talked to ofna and they might replace the engine free so maybe I'll try that first. The buggy is sick and I would like it either way as long as it runs. I have a brushless stadium truck I love. I have a fifth scale gas truck too that's just a dirty girl. I won't be hurting for RC if I take my time so we shall see.
stallen50

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hyper 8 that i converted brushless and i love it. It is so much more reliable. and i think fast than nitro. depending on the setup I like the novak hv pro system and castle monster
DeepSprayj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The castle monsters are great but boy they are pricey. Any recomendations on motor mounts. The less I have to drill holes the better I would say. Do I remove the throttle servo and brakes as well. It would be dead weight and take up space at that point. This would be my first conversion so I apologize for all the questions. I think this thing smokes my slash in the design and durability of parts. I'm gonna post pics when I build it so the next guy can have an easier time of it.
stallen50

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you need is the steering servo. So you can cut the tray off so all you have is enough for the servo. you will use the motor for braking. I would have to look but i think it is the same motor mount as the hyper 7 . Rcmonster.com should have one for that buggy or you may find one on ebay. well i hope this helps
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is this mount from the electric version of the ultra

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=21453&language=en&cPath=347#googlebase

im willing to bet that you could find the whole center diff and mounts on ebay for the same price or even alittle cheaper ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: