FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
nitro convert.....not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

jj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: nitro convert.....not Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've just added a 9e to the stable and have a few questions regarding gearing with these things.

I have a castle/neu combo going in it (2200) with 4s 4500 and finding it hard to source info on keeping these things cool, ie: not over gearing them. So I guess I'm looking for some pointers with pinion size to start with, or a link to somewhere explaining the ins and outs of EP gear ratios etc.

I've seen the clip with Tim running the 2650, but curious if there are guys out there running the 2200 in the hyper.

Would also love to see some setups for the buggy, as my nitro 9 is just a whole lot of awesomeness on 4 wheels .

cheers,

Jeff
stallen50

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would run 12t- 14t. I run mine with 12t it has a great holeshot off the line
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run the 2650 with a 14 tooth pinion on my ultra lx1. the gear ratios cant be that different if at all (not sure) .... so you should easly be able to run an 18 tooth+ with that motor with out any heat issues.

i run that 2200 in my e-revo and dont get heat issues. if your getting heat issues with that motor on a small buggy like these, then id think there might be a problem with the motor or you got something binding somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: