FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
OFNA GTP thoughts & discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

wminmi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This started out with the grey aluminum frame and as the LX-1 buggy. I have almost completed the GTP conversion.

I bought it used, and figured while doing the conversion I would redo all the diff seals and fluids. While the diffs were apart I found 4 bad bearings.....needless to say, NOW i am going to go through the ENTIRE car and make sure everything is up to snuff. Usually I do this with ALL used cars/trucks I buy, but didn't with this one due to moving and having other things going on.

Should be pretty sharp looking once done and all together.....and will be having the engine head redone in yellow as well a little later this week
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, looking good men. You are ahead of me, I'm glad that I'm going in a different direction lol. Looks nice, What do you have for rims? Wich rout are you going with the color scheme for the body? Oh! may be secret!!lol. Same as you I'm giving a new live to a old LX buggy, I went through the mechanicals as you did and find a few things, just waiting for maitenance parts.
wminmi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting mine back together as we speak!! Finally got my stuff from nitrohouse, and started back to work on her.

I did go back to the buggy front shocks though, as the GTP shocks refused to let the car sit right with the buggy arms. Thinking the buggy arms may be different than the GTP ones.

Will be rebuilding the buggy rear shocks later today and seeing if I can get them to adjust/work right on it, as now the rear of the car sits lower than the front :(
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wminmi wrote:
Getting mine back together as we speak!! Finally got my stuff from nitrohouse, and started back to work on her.

I did go back to the buggy front shocks though, as the GTP shocks refused to let the car sit right with the buggy arms. Thinking the buggy arms may be different than the GTP ones.

Will be rebuilding the buggy rear shocks later today and seeing if I can get them to adjust/work right on it, as now the rear of the car sits lower than the front :(

You should be able to used the buggy shox with the GTP spring. You shouldn't need to change anything else, beside the shok tower and the GTP springs. I have the parts numbers if you need them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: