FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Violator-onboard temp gauge exceeding 300 degrees!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

AnviL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Violator-onboard temp gauge exceeding 300 degrees!!! Reply with quote

I have about an hour into running my new Violator 9.5 and my onboard temp gauge is giving me readings of over 300 degrees. If I am just taking it easy on the throttle and give it only short bursts of speed it will stay around 250-270 degrees but if I nail it and do a high speed run I will check and it's pushing 300 and over. All settings are still on factory except I richend the high speed 1/8 turn and that is it.

Is there anythng I can do to lower it's running temp. Local hobby shop is telling me it should stay in the ballpark of 210-220 degrees. Can any pros give me some feedback? Thank you in advance.
lscrisp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine normally stays around 230-250 degrees, but I had it at the track a few weeks ago and don't know why, but I ran it for about 10 laps and brought it in and the temp was at 340 degrees. I stopped it, brought the piston to the bottom of the cylinder and let it cool. I was so worried that I had fried the engine, but it runs great now and there seems to be no problems.

I've always tried to keep the engine at around 250 degrees, sometimes a bit higher, sometimes a bit lower.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Violator-onboard temp gauge exceeding 300 degrees!!! Reply with quote

AnviL wrote:
Local hobby shop is telling me it should stay in the ballpark of 210-220 degrees.

210-220 is way to low for a Force engine. My 26's ran like crap until they were over 260....
bongogocrazy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just swapped it. i couldn't get the 26 tuned good enough. 220 and its slow and lags. 250 gets better power but after a tank of gas it doesn't want to start till it cools down to 150-160.

so i put the axial .28 on it and i have it tuned to 220-240. and i think it could smoke the .26 but then again, i am not finished tuning yet. i still have the low neddle to adjust. the .26 force is easy to reach and tune but is a pain to get to right temp.

if someone could let me know what temp the .26 should be at or around that would be cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: