FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Which clutch bell sould work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

quarterpastgone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Which clutch bell sould work? Reply with quote

I am getting ready for the 2010 Psycho Nitro Blast in Atlanta, GA and have seen the track layout, I was wondering if the stock 13 tooth clustch bell would be enough for a 200 foot straight with sweepers on both ends. I am running an O.S. V-Spec on the buggy if that helps with answers.
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock clutch bell is actually 14t!
HyperGRP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "racing" part of racing, doesn't usually occur on the straight! The stock bell should be fine!
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself and others use a 13tooth bell for Revelation it just depends also on your engine and how much top speed you have, I have two engines I use the JL.21 pro and the Picco Evo II and they both run good on 13, but if the track has a sweeper corner then I go 14. Other factor include corners into jumps, that means if the corner is short to a jump then I need more squirt to clear the jump a 14tooth may come up short, the 9 has good acceleration with the stock bell but I look for even punch so 13 has been working for us here.
quarterpastgone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the wrong bell being typed earler, teh track lay out is on neobuggy on page two right know. I think the stock will make the straight hard on the motor.
Casketman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say bring both.

People could tell you what to use but in the end. Its up to you and how you feel. That 1 tooth could make the difference in many ways.

You could take and hold a inside line while passing someone and with a short run up to a jump,that lower gear could work great where the larger one might not get you up to speed fast enough to clear a jump.

But the straight is where it gets flipped and you top out sooner. But the race is not run just there so if you are topping out with less then 50ft to go. Stay with the low gear and use that low end punch in the corners.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: