FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 8 and 8.5 podiums...List here...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nightjus83

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Williams
R/C Pro Series Canada
Tq rounds 2-3
Finished 2nd overall
Felipe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys my first race running Pro class at the Region 4 Off Road Regionals was fun In my qual round I had 5 of the top 5 drivers and Billy Easton was there to make it harder for me but I was happy with my first run I think the pace was 8 laps 5:02 my first run was 8 laps 5:40 But on the 2nd qual B.Easton,JR Mitch and R.Ecker got the 9 laps every body else was in 8 laps about 37 out of 61 drivers was in 8 laps make some small adjustment to the car on the 2nd qual ran 8 laps 5:41 not the right tires for the track so for the last qual I ran BT M3 my time drop 15 seconds from my best time My run in the last qual was 8 laps 5:25 VERRY HAPPY with the car finish 3rd in the D-Main Not bad for my first pro class race. Qual points socks for me in my qual too many good drivers in it but I had a BLAST!!!!!!!! with rocket rounds my last run was good for 7 on the B-main.
xxxntwv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Osborne:TCRC
8-9-08:4th round of the ohio river challenge 1st place
8-23-08:TQ and 1st place brawl for it all.
H8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan Bruecher - 2nd Overall Buggy, 2008 Proline Challenge at Sydney, Australia.

Finals format was 3 x 6 minute races, best two combined (on points) - bit of a strange format!
Final results

Logan qualified 4th (4 qualifiers, best one counts)
Qualifying Results

The Proline Challenge was a good warm-up, as the FEMCA 2008 is being held on the same track next week.
H8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not quite a podium, but should've been!
Team Hobao driver Logan Bruecher followed up his Proline podium (see post above) with a great drive at FEMCA 2008 (our equivalent of ROAR), qualifying 10th overall out of 80 drivers with his Hyper 8.5

Click here for qualifier results

After a bad start to his semi-final put him back to 8th spot, he quickly made up ground and battled for 5th spot with Yoshio Otsuka and his MBX6. Unfortunately after around 15 minutes of racing, Logans new Futaba receiver overheated and cut out - end of race.

The lucky bloke had none other than 'Mr RB' Rody Roem pitting for him for the event too!

This will probably be the last time Logan races his 8.5, with his 9 due soon. Australia's other Team Hobao driver Ashleigh Frensham had lots of setup help for his Hyper 9 from Kortz at the Worlds, and will be passing the advice onto Logan...
Felipe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQ finish 4th in the A-main
Last race with the H8.5 good car way to go on his last race!!!
mechanic77

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Hyper 8.5 Late Model Reply with quote

I know this is probably for off-road podium finishes, but I just came back from the NSCS (national sprint car series) race at Indy in Dallas, TX and I qualified 3rd in the A-main with my Hyper 8.5 converted to a late model and finished 4th in the main. I had trouble with lap traffic, but I did have the fastest car on the track in the main (5.447 second fastest lap on a track with a 210 ft. sight line). I was the lone Hyper 8.5 there, just showing all you guys out there with 8.5's that you are retiring that you can convert them to late models and do well. If anybody is interested in my setup, email me at andygroening@yahoo.com Thanks
scdrj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Andy

Indy has a large regular turn out. I was there a few weeks ago on a tuesday night, and I believe 86 cars showed up. The track is fairly cool, but that setup area.... You could tell the bathroom was close by

I'm running a H8.5 on a dirt oval this year, but I'm sticking with a buggy body. Some have tried a late model body with limited success. The track does get/have many small ruts.

I'll be emailing you.
steelie600

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been a while since anyones posted anything here so ill add another

2nd at prcc last weekend in the c final, (i know its not the a but it felt like it to me and the quality of drivers that were in front of me kinda puts me back a bit!), qual'd 4th in the c with a personal best at the winter track, and my average was only 1 second slower than my fastest!!!! so i was on fire. My new Fantini motor is the best thing since sliced bread and was easily the fastest out there except a very well tuned rb c5 engined 808, which just leaped out of the corners. But as im still on the rich side ill settle for that as my motors still very tight and theres a lot more to come!!

In the final i knew i was in for a shot as i knew the other drivers although very very fast could be un reliable, so i went wide on the first corner to avoid the carnage and there was none but in the rythm section al hell broke loose so i gunned it and leapt over 4 cars into second place. I then set about chasing the lead who also crumbled to my close quarters style, so i got an advantage and settled into a rythm and i could see the hyper 9 of my friend and semi-sponsor coming so i upped the pace some what and the 9 still kept coming and after about 5 minutes the inevitable happened i got passed so i kept with him for 4 laps or so but was driving way beyond myself, i wasnt comfortable and was a gnats wotsit from a crash at every corner i was pushing that hard.

So i settled for 2nd and a comfortable 2nd at that we had lapped every one upto and including 3rd place and at the end of the time shaun just sneaked over the line to get another lap in and i was over the line half a second after the time limit so he got me by a lap!!!!

But an excellent day great fun and shows theres life in the old 8.5 yet and once again i was the fastest 8.5 by some margin.
viperbill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: b&t local track Reply with quote

well i got 4th in the A main last night had an issue with my steering servo all night ,found the problem a sliced and diced servo wire but happy with the car .
viperbill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: podium finish Reply with quote

07/11/09 mobile club race qual 3rd in the A-main finished 3rd
scdrj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Bill
modified

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigred0988 wrote:
saturday night club racing, 1st place beginer buggy, this was only my second race ever

Congrats on your first win bigred0988.
mechanic77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have another dirt oval result for the H8.5. I went down to Tulsa, OK for the Chili Bowl Jr. I qualified 5th which put me straight into the A main, nearly won the dash (got passed in the last corner, roughly I might add), and ended up 4th in the main. All in all I had a great time and had fun showing everybody that you didn't have to run a Losi chassis to be fast If anyone is interested in seeing video, you can go to youtube and search Chili Bowl Jr. 2010 and there are videos of all the A mains and dashes. My car is the candy blue car with yellow graphics.

Later, Andy Groening
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: