FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
hyper 8 steering problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

alport78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: hyper 8 steering problem Reply with quote

I've a hyper8 buggy. When I steer left or right my tires does not come back to neutral. There isn't any problem with my servo it comes to neutral when I left steering but the tires don't. I realized that my servo horn have a slackness. What should I do?
Sorry for my horrible english. I write you from Turkey
scdrj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How tight is your servo saver?
alport78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As tight as possible.
scdrj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you taken the horn off the servo to see if it is striped, or possibly even the wrong spline for your servo? While the horn is off, check the steering for bind or slop.
alport78

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The servo horn is not stripped. I checked the steering without servo and there is no binding but a little slop. After steering the tires don't come to neutral but after I give a little countersteer they come to neutral. What do you mean by "the wrong spline for your servo" ? sorry my english is not well. BTW my servo is hitec 645mg and ı use ıt's original servo horn.
I bought that chassis used. All the servo saver and it's bushings are greased. Is it right or should I clean the grease?
viperbill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: servo Reply with quote

might be a stripped gear inside of the servo which may be the cause of the slop try another servo and see if that will help just make sure its a least 200oz of torque for the rigors of bashing or racing .you might find a replacement gear set for the servo but i would let someone at the hobby shop or a experienced racer help with the swap
scdrj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bill. Further, I'd axe the bushings. Bearings are the only way to go. Exposed greased parts are dirt magnets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: