FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Why don't ppl use the CD3 much?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Brent Davis

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Why don't ppl use the CD3 much? Reply with quote

Is this not a good car or something? I don't see many ppl using it for racing or anything much lately. Why is that? I am interested in a CD3 RTR but to custom build and modify to fit a big block on it myself but didn't wanna be alone sorta speak.
godzukihop

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a cd3 rtr, but I have a GPX4 RTR and love it. My OS tz.18 bolted right in.
crash13

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely because of the exhaust pipe being on the right side. I have a pro kit with a Novarossi 12. Handles like it is on rails when setup properly. Diff gears have been a problem, mostly the small screws backing out. Switched these screws with small machine screws and that helped. Other than the diff problem it has been very good.
Brent Davis

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after looking at the CD3 closely, I bought one and it is a dang good product. I took that .15 right off and custom made my big block engine mounts, header pipe to fit, fitted Mugen 1/8th scale wheel tires to it and had to totally re-make a rear shock tower. The car runs like a beast using this Novarossi Kangaroo engine. The only thing that pissed me off once I got the car started, the fuggin' brand new fuel tank was leaking at the seams where they put it together. My luck I guess of all the other CD3 cars that they make, I got one with a fuked up tank. Here's a few pics of the car with the parts on it.

tonyjmil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love it how did you fit those tires on it please detail i would like to try it
CurveTracer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of racers begine with the professional race cars ie. Mugen MTX4, Kyosho VROne RRR, NT1, or Serpent.
I began TC racing late in the 2005 season with a CD3 PRO kit car. I am still racing that car!! The only hop ups are the aluninum rear suspesion holders, a CNC engine mount, screw in tie rod mounts (front), titanium rear camber rods, and a wide front bumper extension.
The car is very reliable and has is very competitive. I enjoy racing it. I am not a hot shot, just a low B/C main driver.

If a person does not have a lot of maintenance time available, then shaft drive is the way to go.
primo86gt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfpack radicals makes the adapters to install the 1/8 scale wheels, I used 4 front wheels and you dont have to make any other mods
authorjim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Where to get it and what's better? Reply with quote

Brent Davis wrote:
Is this not a good car or something? I don't see many ppl using it for racing or anything much lately. Why is that? I am interested in a CD3 RTR but to custom build and modify to fit a big block on it myself but didn't wanna be alone sorta speak.

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to get either the CD3 pro rtr or the GPX 4, which is the later model from Ofna and where can I get it. I can't find it.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: