FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Starter box blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Starter box blues Reply with quote

I recently decided to use a starter box for my hyper ST after getting blisters and finally breaking my pullstarts. I bought the ofna model #10250 starter box. I am having a difficult time getting it to turn over my Picco.28 and my Macstar.28 . I have aligned it with the flywheel and even used a dremel to open the chassis up a bit. Should I be using a different flywheel than the stock one or am I missing something here . Thank you.
Casketman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you turn the flywheel over with your fingers?

Did you take all the pull start items off and put on a backplate?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they can be turned over almost fully (with fingers) until they reach the tight pinch point. No backplate just the old pullstart housing. Thank you for the assistance.
Casketman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its hard to say on here without seeing the issue first hand.

Your batteries might not have a full charge. I use 2 3300 packs.

You might need to heat up your motor with a heat gun. I dont think thats so much the issue but it could be. The box should still be able to turn the motor over a couple of times before getting stuck at TDC(top dead center). If it doesnt even turn it over. Then check your batteries. Also check the box. Make sure something isnt over tightened.

I dont think still having the pull start items on there is causing a issue. But that is something you should look into removing if your going to use a start box to fire up the truck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it sounds like a battery issue . I will check this issue out. Thank you for your help.
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok gentlemen ..all figured out . My starter box chassis locaters were off just a tiny bit and it was binding everything up. Adjusted it and now it starts perfect. Thank you all for your assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: