FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
MBX R2 still competitive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

adb140275

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: MBX R2 still competitive? Reply with quote

im lookin to get a kit, im just starting to race. is the MBX R2 competitive? or am i just better off gettin a .21 for my mbx comp and racing it?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MBX R2 still competitive? Reply with quote

adb140275 wrote:
im lookin to get a kit, im just starting to race. is the MBX R2 competitive? or am i just better off gettin a .21 for my mbx comp and racing it?

I figured some "pro" would have chimed in by now and told ya to buy the latest name brand release read some $500+ kit.
Cuz everybody knows the Ultra buggie's are just entry level, out dated, heavy POS. NOT!!!!!
FWIW, I'd try my hand racing the Comp before buying any kit. Get some track time ie race tune/driving experience under your belt first.
IIRC, the main difference between the comp and MBX R-2, is the R-2 has 4WPBS where as the Comp only has the FPBS..
Start gathering up all your needed accessories and/or upgrades- HiPo .21 engine, tuned pipe, quality radio system, HT steering servo(s), batteries, tires, shocks, ect ect, read stuff easily transferred when you feel ready to advance to a more advanced kit..
To many people put way to much emphasis on those top of the line pro buggy/kits, yet few give themselves any credit for there success's and/or failures..
IMO, becoming a good consistant driver is far more important than learning how to race with some overpriced "name brand" kit, and anyone who says different can bite me...
adb140275

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the way you think
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: